TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT350 #29

Its a nice car. Have been watching it for awhile.

SGT0128 on the forum checked it out for me. Set aside it is/was very dirty its a low option car and modified to 653 rwhp ( cold air intake, throttle body, headers, custom tune )..not sure if the pulley is swapped. Eibach shocks is put on after it left Shelby i believe.  But the car looks and sounds great from pictures and video, just over 10.000 miles. Fuel pressure gauge was not working. 

On 12/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, Procharger said:

#29 is for sale as it's been sitting for a bit. I've been weighing it vs buying a 2013-2014 Shelby GT500. HP is a bit low, but it seems the 5.0 vs 5.8 is much more reliable or can tolerate the push to 800hp. Any thoughts on #29 vs GT500 would be VERY helpful.

Procharger, can you help us understand what you mean when you say the hp is low?

The GT500 was rated at 662hp while this GT350 was rated at 624hp so although the GT500 has a little more hp it also has more weight compared toi the GT350 which certainly would offset any hp difference. And this is not factoring in the GT350 owners claim that the HP has been increased to 690hp.

What I'm trying to convey is that a 624hp GT350 should be equal to a 662hp GT500 or perhaps even superior when you factor in the GT350 has a better weight distribution & suspension set-up.

Production number wise its not even close. Ford produced 4,885 GT500's for the 2013 model year while Shelby American produced 36 GT350's for the 2013 model year.

Now don't get me wrong the 2013-14 GT500's were and are awesome cars but will soon be eclipsed by the 700+ hp 2020 Shelby GT500's.

So when comparing the two cars in your original post, they are about equal in performance. When comparing rarity, the GT350 is way more exclusive. Price wise the two are in the same ballpark so with all this being said it may come down to looks, which one looks better to you?

Steve

On 12/25/2018 at 9:34 AM, Procharger said:

#29 is for sale as it's been sitting for a bit. I've been weighing it vs buying a 2013-2014 Shelby GT500. HP is a bit low, but it seems the 5.0 vs 5.8 is much more reliable or can tolerate the push to 800hp. Any thoughts on #29 vs GT500 would be VERY helpful.

Yup, I've looked at 029 a couple of times. Shoot me a PM, Ill share my cell number and I'll send you what I have on the car.