TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VB 08 KR

T-K

Been watching the 08 KR’s for a while. Vista Blue is the only one interesting for me. Have seen them sold for high 30’s to high 40’s last two years by auction....and other cars advertised from high 50’s to high 60’s. Will be interesting to see the very low mileage on Barret Jackson in January.

TK

Edited by T-K

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, T-K said:

Been watching the 08 KR’s for a while. Vista Blue is the only one interesting for me. Have seen them sold for high 30’s to high 40’s last two years by auction....and other cars advertised from high 50’s to high 60’s. Will be interesting to see the very low mileage on Barret Jackson in January.

TK

Hammered at $60k, with buyer premium, buyer paid $66k

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2008-FORD-SHELBY-GT500KR-40TH-ANNIVERSARY-EDITION-224325

Good cars bring good money. There is a reason why some cars go cheap. 

Edited by Cali_KR

Good price for the seller, if it was the original owner thinking it would be an investment that sure did backfire.  Insurance for 10 years and more then likely they paid a lot more then $60K for it originally.  The New buyer is more then likely storing it too, who would pay that much to drive it?  Nice car, but there are many superior cars to choose from at that price.

I just looked up the Silver one, it went for $56K with less miles, another strong number for the seller in my opinion.

Edited by carnut12

• 5 months later...
On 2/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, carnut12 said:

Good price for the seller, if it was the original owner thinking it would be an investment that sure did backfire.  Insurance for 10 years and more then likely they paid a lot more then $60K for it originally.  The New buyer is more then likely storing it too, who would pay that much to drive it?  Nice car, but there are many superior cars to choose from at that price.

I just looked up the Silver one, it went for $56K with less miles, another strong number for the seller in my opinion.

You're right, not a bad number for the seller. I was fortunate enough to get my Vista Blue KR when the economy tanked, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it. I paid $23k under MSRP at the time.

Edited by FiaCobra