TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsepower of 2008 Shelby Mustang GTSC

beachpony

3 minutes ago, beachpony said:

Please advise on the horsepower of a 2008 Shelby Mustang GTSC ,it has a Paxton Shelby installed supercharger 

Thanks

I have a 2007 Mustang SGT with a built ford aluminator engine (bored to 3.572) with a 3.125" pulley that is getting me 560RWPH

27 minutes ago, beachpony said:

Please advise on the horsepower of a 2008 Shelby Mustang GTSC ,it has a Paxton Shelby installed supercharger 

Thanks

A 2008 SGT with a Paxton, a Paxton installed by Shelby American. Am I understanding your post correctly?

Do you have a CSM or VIN number for the car as I don't recall SAI installing any Paxtons on a 2008 SGT.

Steve

35 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

A 2008 SGT with a Paxton, a Paxton installed by Shelby American. Am I understanding your post correctly?

Do you have a CSM or VIN number for the car as I don't recall SAI installing any Paxtons on a 2008 SGT.

Steve

Yes, The vehicle has CSM no.08SGT0428 riveted to the supercharger is a plaque that has the inscription and logo for both Shelby and Paxton  with the Paxton serial no.CS0103,the vehicle is a rare convertible with automatic transmission 

Roger

3 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Steve

I saw that ....was just trying to increase my post count

I would guess around 400-425, the Automatic made a good amount less then the manual if I recall correctly.  My Whipple 550 produced 496 RWHP, but Tasca said that was one of highest they had installed, they said the aftermarket drive shaft may have helped slightly.  I remember the KB was slightly lower on average then the Whipple and the Paxton lower then that.

Edited by carnut12

3 hours ago, beachpony said:

Yes, The vehicle has CSM no.08SGT0428 riveted to the supercharger is a plaque that has the inscription and logo for both Shelby and Paxton  with the Paxton serial no.CS0103,the vehicle is a rare convertible with automatic transmission 

Roger

Roger,

Are you the cars original owner and if so do you have a Shelby invoice for the GT/SC package install using a Paxton supercharger or was the Paxton a SPP purchase?

The reason I ask is that the Paxton was not emission certified for use on the 2008 Shelby GT's so I'm trying to understand who installed the Paxton on your SGT.

Steve

4 hours ago, beachpony said:

Thanks

Paxton rated it at 462hp. Many cars will be a little lower and perhaps a few cars may be a tad higher but not by much.

HP will also differ on what computer tune is used on the car.

Steve

48 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

Roger,

Are you the cars original owner and if so do you have a Shelby invoice for the GT/SC package install using a Paxton supercharger or was the Paxton a SPP purchase?

The reason I ask is that the Paxton was not emission certified for use on the 2008 Shelby GT's so I'm trying to understand who installed the Paxton on your SGT.

Steve

3 hours ago, beachpony said:

IMG_0661.JPG.5265f6b3888157ba7c8b12febb021838.JPGSteve, I am not the original owner and not in receipt of most of the original paperwork . the attached photo displays the plaque I mentioned earlier .

Yes that is a Shelby branded Paxton supercharger. SPP was able to locate in their system the original owners purchase of this supercharger back in June 2008.

Not sure how many of those Shelby Paxtons were sold but I'm guessing less than 50.

What confused me was your original post calling your car a GT/SC and saying that SAI installed the supercharger. Technically your car would not be considered a GT/SC as the supercharger was not installed by Shelby American.

Most of these Paxtons were polished units so your natural finish Paxton is a little rarer.

Steve

On 12/20/2018 at 3:03 PM, SAI-Steven said:

Paxton rated it at 462hp. Many cars will be a little lower and perhaps a few cars may be a tad higher but not by much.

HP will also differ on what computer tune is used on the car.

Steve

Good info to know. The OEM automatic transmission Ford used in the 2007/2008 Shelby GT/ Mustang GT had a published recommended max rating of  480 hp,  so the OP has about all the Hp he can safely have with the Paxton.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, carnut12 said:

I would guess around 400-425, the Automatic made a good amount less then the manual if I recall correctly.  My Whipple 550 produced 496 RWHP, but Tasca said that was one of highest they had installed, they said the aftermarket drive shaft may have helped slightly.  I remember the KB was slightly lower on average then the Whipple and the Paxton lower then that.

You are correct about 425 hp.  My 06 Hertz has a Shelby installed Paxton.  424rwh. Dynoed by Shelby back in the day @ one of the Bash events.  Original motor, so a safe tune.   

Edited by H0050

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, 39Mustang said:

NOT enough HP that's why I am dropping in a 5.2 with a Whipple in my 08 GT/SC and might be ready by the Bash

Correction it won't be ready by the Bash but ready by Mid America Shelby Nationals 

8 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Correction it won't be ready by the Bash but ready by Mid America Shelby Nationals 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, 39Mustang said:

NOT enough HP that's why I am dropping in a 5.2 with a Whipple in my 08 GT/SC and might be ready by the Bash

Define what is enough  

13 hours ago, H0050 said:

Define what is enough  

Do you own a 2007-2009 GT/SC? If not find one drive it or if own drive it then right away drive a 2018-2019 Mustang GT w/ the 10spd Automatic then re-answer my statement

Or better yet find one of the new 2019 Shelby GT's w/ the 10spd Automatic drive it and after the grin finally wears off re-answer my statement

Some people like the 4.6 I don't it just doesn't feel as powerful as the new 5.0 Coyote's w/ Manual or 6r80 or 10r80 even with the Kenne Bell. All my Shelby's the 08 GT/SC, the 13 GT350 I had, my 16 Terlingua, and my new 18 GT ALL have Automatics due to my injury I need the Automatic and the 13 GT350 Conv. 6r80 w/o Supercharger felt and drove more powerful than my 08 GT/SC w/ custom Jon Lund tune and Kooks long tubes and my new 18 Mustang GT 10r80 Automatic is way quicker than the 08 that's just a fact. However, my 08 Shelby GT/SC is by far my favorite Shelby and I am jealous of the new Mustang performance and add a Whipple to the 18-19 GT's and holy crap its a beast. I would like to blink and have a Whipple Coyote w/ 10r80 in my 2008 that would be awesome!

So, to answer your question more power more power  

Wasn't really looking for an answer.  Just being a smart A@@.  There is always a better mouse trap with the improvements in technology and building material.  New 2020 GT500 as an example.   That said, good luck trying to keep up and enjoy.  And yes, I have driven several cars over the course of time.  I'll just keep the GT-H/SC for now.  It's cheaper that way. haha. 

16 minutes ago, D&J_GT/SC said:

My Shelby GT/SC is said to be able to push somewhere around 500hp on a Kenne bell Supercharger kit.  

That was the KB claim.  Convertibles or automatics or both? were supposedly tuned back a little although I think mine came in close to 500. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

On 1/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, twobjshelbys said:

That was the KB claim.  Convertibles or automatics or both? were supposedly tuned back a little although I think mine came in close to 500. 

My KB dyno'ed at 480 with the basic tune.

Edited by BlackSGT

10 hours ago, BlackSGT said:

My KB dyno'ed at 480 with the basic tune.

I think that is about what they were getting when I was looking at my options.

One thing I stress to anyone getting the GT/SC is to keep the factory tune, every single person I’ve seen with issues has tried getting more power through a different tune.  I’m not aware of anyone blowing their engine with the factory tune, I’m aware of several that that blew their engine trying to get more power.

3 hours ago, carnut12 said:

One thing I stress to anyone getting the GT/SC is to keep the factory tune, every single person I’ve seen with issues has tried getting more power through a different tune.  I’m not aware of anyone blowing their engine with the factory tune, I’m aware of several that that blew their engine trying to get more power.

Good advice there. While I'm sure there have been some rare cases of a engine grenading on the oem s/c tune, most likely due to the engine already having issues, its extremely rare to have issues on the oem s/c tune.

Steve