TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-08 Shelby GT Build Numbers

SAI-Steven

2007 Shelby GT production totaled 5,651

Black Coupes 3,385  (2,876 manual 509 automatic)

White Coupes 2,266 (1,771 manual 495 automatic)

2008 Shelby GT production totaled 2,214

Blue Coupes  1,121 (973 manual 148 automatic)

Grabber Orange Coupes 215 (211 manual 4 automatic)

Black Coupes 61 (47 manual 14 automatic)

Blue Convertibles 778 (583 manual 195 automatic)

Grabber Orange Convertibles 0

Black Convertibles 39 (28 manual 11 automatic)

Thanks for the finite numbers Steve.

I'm guessing another 5-10 years before we have final SGT/SC numbers, seeing as members are still getting Shelby supercharger package upgrades?

Edited by BlackSGT

11 minutes ago, BlackSGT said:

Thanks for the finite numbers Steve.

I'm guessing another 5-10 years before we have final SGT/SC numbers, seeing as members are still getting Shelby supercharger package upgrades?

Your guess is as good as any on how long the GT/SC program will remain open. I suppose if SGT owners weren't still sending in SGT's for a GT/SC package that day would come sooner rather than later.

Just look at how many GT/SC packages Chris Ruby posts in his around the shop this week Facebook photos and thats only one shop. Now factor in there are another 10+ shops doing GT/SC packages in and out of North America and you should have an idea on why there are no GT/SC numbers being released.

Steve

6 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Your guess is as good as any on how long the GT/SC program will remain open. I suppose if SGT owners weren't still sending in SGT's for a GT/SC package that day would come sooner rather than later.

Just look at how many GT/SC packages Chris Ruby posts in his around the shop this week Facebook photos and thats only one shop. Now factor in there are another 10+ shops doing GT/SC packages in and out of North America and you should have an idea on why there are no GT/SC numbers being released.

Steve

Curious Steve, is there a limit to the SC program for 07 and 08 SGT's? I remember reading somewhere, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the SS programs for each year are limited to 500.

16 hours ago, BlackSGT said:

Curious Steve, is there a limit to the SC program for 07 and 08 SGT's? I remember reading somewhere, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the SS programs for each year are limited to 500.

No build cap on the amount of GT/SC packages. In my opinion the GT/SC packages will probably add up to  around 10% of  total SGT production when all said and done. 

Steve

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, ShelbyDW said:

Thanks Steve.

Do you have the numbers for the 2007 White with the Black, Gray, and Parchment interiors?

David

This is from Steve Thorton from registry posts from about 8 years ago. Good history on our cars.

Dave

Did you know that although the majority of the 5,651 Shelby GT's produced for the 2007 model year were built with a Charcoal (black) interior there were two other interior colors available? Well there certainly was and these two additional color choices were Light Graphite (Gray) and Parchment (Tan).

Out of the 5,651 Shelby GT's for the 2007 model year, 639 cars were built with the Light Graphite interior with another 144 cars being fitted with the Parchment interior. As you can see having a SGT with a Parchment interior is pretty rare and something you won’t see every day, that is unless you own one.

Also, 3 parchment cloth, 11 gray cloth, 24 charcoal cloth.

07 SGT California Edition  with light graphite (grey) interior: 34 white coupes, 19 black coupes.

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, IASHELBYGT said:

This is from Steve Thorton from registry posts from about 8 years ago. Good history on our cars.

Dave

Did you know that although the majority of the 5,651 Shelby GT's produced for the 2007 model year were built with a Charcoal (black) interior there were two other interior colors available? Well there certainly was and these two additional color choices were Light Graphite (Gray) and Parchment (Tan).

Out of the 5,651 Shelby GT's for the 2007 model year, 639 cars were built with the Light Graphite interior with another 144 cars being fitted with the Parchment interior. As you can see having a SGT with a Parchment interior is pretty rare and something you won’t see every day, that is unless you own one.

Also, 3 parchment cloth, 11 gray cloth, 24 charcoal cloth.

07 SGT California Edition  with light graphite (grey) interior: 34 white coupes, 19 black coupes.

Really cool! Never saw this before...

Edited by AstroDan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
15 hours ago, MAP said:

I just bought 07SGT5686, why is this number greater than the listed totals for 2007? Also any way to know how close to the end mine might be?

Thanks

It was possible to request specific SGT numbers and they were just sometimes built all over the place, for example the 100 SGT BJ Shelby's were not built in sequence, what a shame...  GG

17 hours ago, TAPD117 said:

It was possible to request specific SGT numbers and they were just sometimes built all over the place, for example the 100 SGT BJ Shelby's were not built in sequence, what a shame...  GG

You're correct sir, I was able to choose my CMS# while it was sitting in Vegas waiting for the conversion. It was my forth choice, the other three were already spoken for.

Edited by 08SGT1234

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...