TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dakota Shelby Air Filter

bizsmith

Anyone can tell me the part number for the air filter, all online parts indicate a 10" OD (Fram CA150) but my truck has a 12.25 " OD and 9" ID about 2.25" High

Fram suggests CA6334 but this look too high and OD too big based on specs

Any help appreciated

Greg

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 8:34 AM, bizsmith said:

Anyone can tell me the part number for the air filter, all online parts indicate a 10" OD (Fram CA150) but my truck has a 12.25 " OD and 9" ID about 2.25" High

Fram suggests CA6334 but this look too high and OD too big based on specs

Any help appreciated

Greg

Greg,

I'm running a K&N filter in my Shelby Dakota, K&N part # E-1220 that according to K&N is 2.5" tall, has an inner diameter of 9.25" and an out side diameter of 11"

Going by memory this K&N is the same height and has the same inner diameter as the OEM paper filter but has a smaller outer diameter because of its cotton mesh make-up compared to the OEM filters paper pleats.

Steve

Thanks Steve

I put the FRAM in for now, seems to be a good fit as well.

We are Shelby Dakota #1318, what number do you own?

Also we are building a Shelby Dakota specific website, http://89ShelbyDakota.com and would like to add your truck if you don't mind

We would need some pics and details sent to 1318@89shelbydakota.com if you want to participate.

Greg

863-888-0558

On 1/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, bizsmith said:

Thanks Steve

I put the FRAM in for now, seems to be a good fit as well.

We are Shelby Dakota #1318, what number do you own?

Also we are building a Shelby Dakota specific website, http://89ShelbyDakota.com and would like to add your truck if you don't mind

We would need some pics and details sent to 1318@89shelbydakota.com if you want to participate.

Greg

863-888-0558

Greg,

Nice website you got going there. One item you may want to add to the how to identify a Shelby Dakota section is that the 8th digit of the VIN number will denote the truck as a Shelby because of the digit being the letter 'Y'  which decodes as a 5.2 V8 engine. The Shelby Dakota was the only Dakota that year to have a 'Y' digit in its VIN as it was the only Dakota with a V8 engine.

Steve