TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is the value of my 2007 Shelby GT

slamarre

Hi,

I am in the process of selling my 2007 Shelby GT Black 5sp/iup/Shaker 1000. Bought brand new in April 2008 in GA and the car lived in FL ONLY. The car has 86K miles. Based on the "Black List" post here on TeamShelby, I estimate that there are less than 500 cars made with this exact configuration among 2,876 manual black car made. (If you think that this is wrong, how can I know exactly how many were built with this exact configuration?)

What has been done to the car since I bought it:

• Re-Installed the factory fog lights (They were taken off to install the Billet Grill and it looks great)
  • Installed a Kenwood Excelon DDX794 radio with Sirius/XM to replace the factory that had CD changer issues (and was not having Bluetooth, still have the OEM radio in a box).
  • Replace the 4 factory speakers for Infinity Reference X REF-8602cfx.
  • Still have the original Shaker 1000 Sub-woofer in the trunk and working perfectly with the new Kenwood Excelon head unit.
  • Billet antenna (I have original)
  • Black Wheel Lock Nuts. Looks very nice with Black Wheels.
  • I changed the hood pin cables a few years ago with original Shelby part as shown in pictures.

Condition:

• For a 11 year car, paint is outstanding! Check the pictures. This car has always been washed with its own bucket/sheepskin mitt. And dried with waffle-weave towels. This car never visited a commercial car wash.
  • Windshield was replaced about 2 years ago with a brand new OEM.
  • Lemans silver strips were replaced in Fall 2016. They look brand new.
  • Interior is a 9 out of 10 as shown in the pictures. I have ALWAYS had towels on the seats. I kept away the original Shelby Floor mats the day i purchased the car. They are in pristine condition.
  • Small dent on the hood when i hit a piece of metal on the highway.
  • Hood Scoop was replaced with updated version made of fiberglass in 2010.
  • Custom Shelby Floormat Badges never used. They are in new condition.
  • Car was ALWAYS garaged when parked home.

In addition, I have a unique piece of history. I have a OEM spare passenger airbag cover signed by Mr. Shelby himself back in 2010. See the image attached/below. Sadly Mr. Shelby passed away in 2012.

What would be the value of my car considering this piece of history? What would be the best option(s) for me to sell my car and try to maximize his value?

Appreciate the help.

20181120_223119.jpg

Really nice car.

As someone who has bought and sold, and bought, at the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  

The modifications, typically, are pennies on the dollar. Just as many people won’t appreciate them as those that do. Consider them a selling point should the buyer be considering a like car. But they aren’t going to move someone to buy and may stop some like myself. My first thought would he how to undo some of these to get it back to stock if I were buying.

The configuration stuff is nice to know but again these cars aren’t old enough or valuable enough for it to be a motivation to buy. Lastly it’s unfortunate the CSM number is on the airbag cover. It’s likely you could get more for it on the open market than with the car if it were just the signature. I would again consider it a buyer incentive. I would keep it or try to sell to buyer separately. Do you have the old cover?

You’ve taken great care of the car, no doubt, so keep a watch for what others are selling for and price accordingly. Knowing that at the end of the day none of what you said above is going to get most buyers to pay more, where some wouldn’t buy at all, it sucks. It’s your baby configured just the way you want. Finding someone that agrees with your vision with the same passion converted to cash is VERY hard to find. 

IMHO! 

Good luck!

My guess based on mileage is around $18-20K, not bad for a 11 year old car with 86K miles, depending on the deal you got when you bought it that is over 50% of the value, significantly higher then most cars of similar age and mileage.  I agree with Jeff about the Mods, some buyers will actually count that against the value, it is all about finding the right buyer.

I would sell the Airbag separately, I do not see you getting more for the car because of it.

Good luck with the sale!!!

Jeff,

The airbag cover you see in the picture is an Ford OEM part that I have ordered especially to have it signed. It is not installed on the car because 1- I did not wanted to have it installed and have the risk to break it and 2- I do not want to have that part in the car and have the risk that the writing would fade over time. The signed airbag cover has been sitting in my closet in a box for the last 8 years.

The original airbag cover in the car was never taken out and it is the original one.

I understand about the Mods. I kept all the original parts when I decided to change them. The only exception is the radio that the CD changer broke and it was not cost efficient to buy an OEM radio with less features that a current model radio.

Where I could sell the airbag cover separately to at least to know the value out of it? I am sure that eBay may not be the best option here. Are there any auction web sites about Shelby enthusiasts that I could search for?

Appreciate the feedback.

I’ve heard the airbag covers actually do well on E-Bay, but this website should do well for you too.  I’m not sure what they go for, at one point it was $1000 or so.

I did the same thing you did, I have an airbag cover signed in my office drawer for the past 8 years or so, the only difference is mine is the darker color that looks somewhat like carbon fiber.  

38 minutes ago, carnut12 said:

I’ve heard the airbag covers actually do well on E-Bay, but this website should do well for you too.  I’m not sure what they go for, at one point it was $1000 or so.

I did the same thing you did, I have an airbag cover signed in my office drawer for the past 8 years or so, the only difference is mine is the darker color that looks somewhat like carbon fiber.  

While the autographed airbag cover is a plus the personalized CSM number on it is a big negative to anyone other than the owner of 07SGT3805.

Sure someone could try to remove the CSM number with some solvent but from experience it will not completely disappear and some sort of ghosting/shadowing of the number will remain.

While 86k miles is low for an everyday car, 86k miles is on the high side for a Shelby which will negatively affect the selling price. In my opinion the personalized airbag cover will be needed to help overcome the mileage and possibly the front grille especially if you do not have the SGT grille as those are no longer available from Shelby American.

Not knowing how quickly you need to sell the car, the good part is that you're in Florida and will not be affected by the cold climate States where rwd performance cars are a tough sell in the wintertime. On the other hand I do not know if black paint hinders sales in Florida so perhaps the time of year is a wash.

Good luck with the sale. If you feel comfortable posting what price you are hoping for I'm sure you will hear from others if you are in the ballpark or not.

Steve

Steve,

I may have not explained myself correctly about the Billet Grill. Take a look at the picture attached. The Fog lights were re-installed behind the Billet Grill. It is barely noticeable but I felt that Fog lights are useful. Back when I bought it, i bough the OEM Fog lights assembly and just connected the harness and voila. The Mustang logo was removed but I kept it intact with the hardware to re-install if necessary.

I agree with the CSM # on the airbag cover. That was done 8 years ago and I guess I did not think about that...

Appreciate the feedback.

20181120_151655.jpg

21 minutes ago, slamarre said:

Steve,

I may have not explained myself correctly about the Billet Grill. Take a look at the picture attached. The Fog lights were re-installed behind the Billet Grill. It is barely noticeable but I felt that Fog lights are useful. Back when I bought it, i bough the OEM Fog lights assembly and just connected the harness and voila. The Mustang logo was removed but I kept it intact with the hardware to re-install if necessary.

I agree with the CSM # on the airbag cover. That was done 8 years ago and I guess I did not think about that...

Appreciate the feedback.

Got it. I didn't see this photo when I posted so I was under the impression you went with one of those aftermarket billet grills with fog light openings.

fog light grille.jpg