TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nanny Controls

Question for those who have spent some time exercising their cars to the limits.  Are there any ways (besides fuse pulling or tuning) to completely turn off the nanny controls Ford has built into these cars?  Even in track mode, there are still nanny controls running in the background that are still trying to override the driver, especially when you have exceeded the limits of traction.  I first noticed this in our 17 GT/CS.  Even after overriding the stability control, there is still something lurking in the background that is overriding driver input at the extremes of performance.  I recently tested it on the 350, and found the same controls running.

• 1 month later...

this might work, its from the SVT site.....

Hold down the traction control button for about 5-7 seconds and you'll see a message stating that AdvanceTrac is turned off. Then you're all on your own.

8 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

this might work, its from the SVT site.....

Hold down the traction control button for about 5-7 seconds and you'll see a message stating that AdvanceTrac is turned off. Then you're all on your own.

Already knew about that and had the AdvanceTrac disabled.  There still seems to be something running in the background.  With the AdvanceTrac off you definitely have more control, but I don't think everything is completely disabled.