TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 owners with 6 years of ownership, step on in !!

1 Alibi 2

How many of the ( 12 ) recommended oil changes have you done & how many miles do you have on your car ???

Have been driving for a few years, used to doing oil changes @ 5000 / 7500 type cycle.
My last 3 trucks racked up 187K, 212K, & 237K, miles.........with no engine failure.
Surprised to find out with all the new tech today, & oil Mfg. advertising " change oil once a year", it comes down to change oil every 6 months !! "
So in looking @ my 2014 GT500 Supplement, I find the following on page ( 52 ).
" Every 7500 miles ( 12000 km ) or six months ( whichever comes first ) " - Change engine oil and filter.
My 14 will be ( 5 ) years old next month, delivered on 5 Sept. 2013
My 14 has ( 2720.6 ) miles on it,.....................but should have had ( 10 ) oil changes by now !!!
I just got a " change engine oil soon " message on my 2017 F150, just turned 3300 miles. 
The truck was ( 1 ) year old on 8/11/2018, according to it's maintenance schedule, should have had ( 2 ) oil changes by now !!!!

I drove my 2013 off the showroom floor (in Elma, WA) on Veteran's Day weekend (November) of 2012.  To date, we've logged just over 25K miles together.  She remains setup/tuned for pump gas, though she gets some 100 octane race gas when we visit the track.

I changed the "break-in" oil shortly after getting her home, at ~2K miles.  I changed it again at ~5K miles, the following fall (2013).  I've stuck with that schedule, changing it every fall (prior to storing for the winter), meaning I'm on-track to do the seventh change in the next month or so. I manually reset the oil reminder to keep it from annoying me.  FWIW, I run Amsoil Signature Series 0W-40 oil and EaO11 filters.

• 2 months later...

Picked up my '13 first week of Nov 2012. At 20K miles it was built into a 850hp SS. Today it has almost 91K miles. I have definitely done more than just the time scheduled oil changes because of the all time it has spent on racetracks and high speed, long distance runs. Every oil change was done at a Ford service dept, using Motorcraft. 

2 hours ago, f2redpot said:

Picked up my '13 first week of Nov 2012. At 20K miles it was built into a 850hp SS. Today it has almost 91K miles. I have definitely done more than just the time scheduled oil changes because of the all time it has spent on racetracks and high speed, long distance runs. Every oil change was done at a Ford service dept, using Motorcraft. 

This guy is the man! Kudos to you for actually using the car for what it was intended! :yahoo:

:thumbsup: