TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mileage for first oil change

cloud9

At the risk of getting off topic, I would suggest the following. The explanation of the care of the engine (including engine break in and oil change) in the manual for the GT500 is not dissimilar to that of the other lines of automobiles that Ford sells. The manufacturer treats the various product lines very much the same. Most of Ford's products are transportation appliances so you will be getting the manufacturers recommendations for a transportation appliance.

However, many of us that purchased GT500's don't treat our Shelby's like transportation appliances. Acceleration, deceleration, frequency of use; all of these variants to "normal" use for tranportation appliances require different care. Care that may have more in common with Motorman's experience with racing engines.

Now, I don't think any of use use our Shelby's exclusively like a tranportation appliance. And I don't think most of us use our Shelby's exclusively for racing. So, each of us must use our judgement about how close our use is to each extreme. The extent to which you use your Shelby as a transportation appliance, the more you want to care for it as a transportation appliance. The more you use it as a race car the more you should give it the care of a race car.

+1

At the risk of getting off topic, I would suggest the following. The explanation of the care of the engine (including engine break in and oil change) in the manual for the GT500 is not dissimilar to that of the other lines of automobiles that Ford sells. The manufacturer treats the various product lines very much the same. Most of Ford's products are transportation appliances so you will be getting the manufacturers recommendations for a transportation appliance.

However, many of us that purchased GT500's don't treat our Shelby's like transportation appliances. Acceleration, deceleration, frequency of use, modifications; all of these variants to "normal" use for tranportation appliances require different care. Care that may have more in common with Motorman's experience with racing engines.

Now, I don't think any of us use our Shelby's exclusively for a tranportation appliance. And I don't think most of us use our Shelby's exclusively for racing. So, each of us must use our judgement about how close our use is to each extreme. The extent to which you use your Shelby as a transportation appliance, the more you want to care for it as a transportation appliance. The more you use it as a race car the more you should give it the care of a race car.

You called my baby a "transportation appliance" 6 times! :rant:

I do not drive a toaster, mixer, microwave, or even a blender. My Shelby does not plug into a 110 V receptacle. It isn't offered in stainless steel. I cannot buy one at Home Dumpo. There is no one year same as cash offer or a special rebate if you BUY NOW! :doh:

Please stop. :cry:

Archived