TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Didn't see this coming!

Shelby American announced today they will be producing a 2019 Shelby GT.  And they will offer a gold on black and gold on white GT-H addition with optional gold wheels.  WTF?  A GT-H that was never designed for Hertz?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/shelby-ford-mustang-gt-2019-fastback-convertible/

Remember the new Shelby GT H is not a Hertz numbered car like the 06 07 or 16. Hertz Shelby's are unique to Shelby. I think all Shelby's are nice but something about the Hertz Shelby I really like. I most likely will look at buying a 2019 Shelby GT H black and Gold 6 speed. Not sure if I would do the gold wheels. I'm on the fence if I like them or not.

4 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

So I can get a Black/Gold supercharged convertible for $60 to $70k less then the current 2016 GT-H supercharged executive carsthat are offered for sale?  I might have to look at this.

QSS

Sounds that way, looks like it will be superior to the 16, I would get White with Gold, maybe even a Vert.  I’ll have to see how this ends up.  

My thought is it will be plenty fun/fast without the Supercharger too.

At first glance I like the look. The car “kind of” mimics the Hurst Mustang with the gold wheels and body kit. The Hurst Mustang is about $10k more though.  

I like the look though, I think it’s about time Shelby came out with another Shelby GT.

Question: Is Tuscany Motor Cars going to build the 2019 Shelby GT or is Shelby American going to build a Shelby GT that’s what I want to know?  Another question is does it really matter now days ..?

42 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

At first glance I like the look. The car “kind of” mimics the Hurst Mustang with the gold wheels and body kit. The Hurst Mustang is about $10k more though.  

I like the look though, I think it’s about time Shelby came out with another Shelby GT.

Question: Is Tuscany Motor Cars going to build the 2019 Shelby GT or is Shelby American going to build a Shelby GT that’s what I want to know?  Another question is does it really matter now days ..?

The Shelby GT H and GT will be built at Shelby American in Las Vegas. 

I have owned a 2007 Shelby GT and now own a 2016 GT-H.  I have always admired the Hertz GT-H and always desired to own one someday.  The black with the gold stripe was certainly appealing to me.  When you seen one, you knew it was a very special Hertz mustang.  It simply stood out from the rest in my opinion.  I know that they apparently make a Super Snake that may be black with the gold stripe.  Again, these are very rare and rarely seen, especially in the heartland where I live.  Even the Hertz Shelby's are few and far between in my neck of the woods.   I am extremely disappointed that Shelby/Ford has decided to make this new "GT-H" (Heritage).  I think this is a disservice to all GT-H owners.  Offering the same black/gold combination and labeling it as a GT-H  is simply unprofessional and inappropriate in my opinion.  Really, there were 25 other letters in the alphabet besides the letter H, and they couldn't be creative enough to come up with one?  Let me be clear, I am not against creating the new Shelby GT, I am just opposed to the GT-H option and offering the black/gold paint/stripe scheme.  I think that should be reserved for the true and limited GT-H (Hertz) mustangs.  I know that a Hertz is a Hertz, however, I am certainly concerned that this will certainly have a negative effect on the value of our true GT-H mustangs.    

2 hours ago, GT-H 88 said:

I have owned a 2007 Shelby GT and now own a 2016 GT-H.  I have always admired the Hertz GT-H and always desired to own one someday.  The black with the gold stripe was certainly appealing to me.  When you seen one, you knew it was a very special Hertz mustang.  It simply stood out from the rest in my opinion.  I know that they apparently make a Super Snake that may be black with the gold stripe.  Again, these are very rare and rarely seen, especially in the heartland where I live.  Even the Hertz Shelby's are few and far between in my neck of the woods.   I am extremely disappointed that Shelby/Ford has decided to make this new "GT-H" (Heritage).  I think this is a disservice to all GT-H owners.  Offering the same black/gold combination and labeling it as a GT-H  is simply unprofessional and inappropriate in my opinion.  Really, there were 25 other letters in the alphabet besides the letter H, and they couldn't be creative enough to come up with one?  Let me be clear, I am not against creating the new Shelby GT, I am just opposed to the GT-H option and offering the black/gold paint/stripe scheme.  I think that should be reserved for the true and limited GT-H (Hertz) mustangs.  I know that a Hertz is a Hertz, however, I am certainly concerned that this will certainly have a negative effect on the value of our true GT-H mustangs.    

Yup! I agree 100%.

Love the look of the new GT-H but I feel Shelby American has hurt my investment! Guess time will tell.

1966 GT350H and friends.jpg

On 8/17/2018 at 5:24 PM, dshafs said:

Shelby American announced today they will be producing a 2019 Shelby GT.  And they will offer a gold on black and gold on white GT-H addition with optional gold wheels.  WTF?  A GT-H that was never designed for Hertz?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/shelby-ford-mustang-gt-2019-fastback-convertible/

I believe it` s going to confuse a few people when they see one especially if there not up on Shelbys but do know about the Hertz.

Edited by shelby001

27 minutes ago, blz57 said:

I have to agree with the disappointment as well. I tried to take the higher road....

The high road is usually the road less traveled and an admirable path.    

Across all Shelby production including the early years the percentage of Hertz editions is fractional.  That is why they are so special.  Although I doubt it, could it be the decision makers calculated that it would not be a large number if Hertz owners were displeased?

16 hours ago, 06H275 said:

Yup! I agree 100%.

Love the look of the new GT-H but I feel Shelby American has hurt my investment! Guess time will tell.

1966 GT350H and friends.jpg

Isn't one of those NOT a Hertz car?  If so, they've already done the same colors on non-Hertz cars, so why is this one being looked down upon?  Most people aren't going to know the difference, and those that do will know the reasons why.  Your investments will be just fine.

49 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Isn't one of those NOT a Hertz car?  If so, they've already done the same colors on non-Hertz cars, so why is this one being looked down upon?  Most people aren't going to know the difference, and those that do will know the reasons why.  Your investments will be just fine.

I'm not referring to the color! Using the name GT-H is whats bugging me!

Anyone can own a black and Gold Shelby, and as far as I'm concerned Shelby can build a million of them. But why name it the same as a 52 year old legend when it's not?

1 hour ago, 06H275 said:

Anyone can own a black and Gold Shelby, and as far as I'm concerned Shelby can build a million of them. But why name it the same as a 52 year old legend when it's not?

I agree...

22 hours ago, 06H275 said:

I dunno.  I guess we'll have to wait til they come out and see what they look like, and what they're being called.  But seems to me to be no different than someone making a GT350 clone.  Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

I dunno.  I guess we'll have to wait til they come out and see what they look like, and what they're being called.  But seems to me to be no different than someone making a GT350 clone.  Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

A GT-H clone made by the original producers?? :headscratch:

That makes no sense....

On 8/20/2018 at 3:05 PM, GT-H 88 said:

1000% agree - just a poor decision and direction for company that seems to be looking for the next thing to sell.

Edited by Larry T

The wifie wants the GT-H for her weekend/daily, might as well run the miles up, now we can just get another.

Not so sure of the gold wheels though...

gilded_candy_charger (1).jpg

Edited by Owenbdk

I’m very disappointed in Shelby’s as well to release a “GT-H” version let alone the same color combo. What were they thinking!!!

1 hour ago, Dr Garry Kraft said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Charles Caleb Colton

Oops! Somebody beat me to It.

doesn't apply here.

“If imitation were truly the sincerest form of flattery, then in the business world there would be no need for Patent, Copyright  and Trademark Laws.”

-MHR1961

Guest cobraguy69

I am a 2016 GT-H owner, a car I have wanted for 50 years since I got out of the Army in 1966. Couldn't afford one then, but finally got mine on the 50th anniversary. I think    the H designation and the Black and Gold should stand for Hertz as it always has, this is Shelby history and tradition, has nothing to do with investment or value for me. When you see the Black an Gold, that is a Hertz Rent a Racer. If SA wants to expand their sales volume with a "Heritage" edition, there are plenty of color combinations to choose from - I like the White and Gold -  Just not Black and Gold- that's my opinion.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, mhr1961 said:

doesn't apply here.

“If imitation were truly the sincerest form of flattery, then in the business world there would be no need for Patent, Copyright  and Trademark Laws.”

-MHR1961

That doesn't apply here, cuz nobody is trying to steal from, falsify or cheat anybody.  And Shelby already has those for the car.  It's being marketed as a Heritage edition, just like the GT in Gulf colors.

I don't know who Gary Patterson is, but it would be interesting to know if only 100 units of the "GT-H" are being offered.  It is my opinion that the legality of this issue is a mute point.  I think that it is simply the integrity and principle that is at issue.  It appears to me that Shelby has made the decision to produce a model that certainly mimics the special editions that were known and admired by all car enthusiasts as the Hertz Shelby Mustangs.  As I previously stated, it is my humble opinion that the black and gold AND the GT-H emblem should be used only on the true Hertz Shelby mustangs.  I think that this is simply an effort to piggy back on the Hertz Shelby mustangs to gain a few extra sales at certainly the expense of the GT-H owners.  Perhaps, the H could have stood for Hurst instead of Heritage.  The front fender badging could have been a Hurst emblem.  Then you would own a "Hurst" Shelby mustang.  I often confuse the two myself.  A little tongue in cheek humor. ;)