TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Greetings Everyone,

Did I somehow miss the information on the 2018 Team Shelby VIP Experience Monterey (last year was scheduled for some time in mid-August)?  I was hoping to drive down for the day.

Please advise and many thx, 

Nascarbilly 

Dave,

Many thx for the info.  Was it something unique that caused it to be cancelled this year or is it not going to happen at all, any more (2019, and so on)? I was planning to go in 2019; had heard how much fun people had going. 

Billy

GM Dave,

Yes, I went to SAAC43 in Sonoma for the day and had a great time. Talked to Gary P and saw Tracey there also.

I was inquiring about the 2019 Team Shelby Monterey Experience; we were planning to wrap our vacation around that event next year.  So my question is do you think Team Shelby will be doing the Monterey Experience in 2019 or ever again?

Thanks and have a great day.

My dad and I went to the event last year.  We had a good time.  I too was disappointed there was no event this year.  I chalked it up to the TS crew being busy with the European Vacation.

I'd go again for sure.  One thing I'd like to see is a week long event with lodging together and trackside parking together, etc.

Fat Boss,

Exactly!! And it would be cheaper and better in the long run to have it packaged that way up front. Every thing I heard about the previous two years was outstanding EXCEPT for the lodging issues. 

You have your choice of paying $600 per night for a small VRBO (Vacation Rental by Owner) style 1 bed room place that normally goes for well below $200 per night, cheaper Motel 6 type locations or drive 45 minutes each way to SanJose every night after the events conclude.  I was hoping to find out if it will in fact happen in 2019 so I can start booking nearby lodging NOW at a much cheaper rate.  

• 2 weeks later...

H0050,

I sure hope we hear some official word on the Team Shelby Monterey Experience for 2019 very soon.  Now is the time to make the announcement when lodging rates are much cheaper. 

Nascarbilly