TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag warning light

About a week before I had the airbag recall done the  warning light appeared on my dash.The light flashes then goes steady while driving.The code it flashes appears to be 22. Asked service mgr(this dealer did not impress me but is close,never there before) said she would call me after she talks to mechanics with cost etc.She called a few days ago and said it would be a 1000.00 or so since they have to tear out both seats bla bla.Has anyone had the light come on and repaired.I have done some searches but have come up with nothing definitive.Made an appointment with another dealer about an hr. away but service mgr.knows mustangs and has a GT500  he bought new.Said they will do a diagonostic and go from there.Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by 99-9x

Airbag light came on about a week before the recall work was done.I came across a service bulletin that said there was a warranty issue with the light on cars made between 3/1/07 and 4/14/07 but mine is not in that time period.Hoping someone else had the same issue and could give some input.

The history report on my 2008 GT/BJ with build date of 11/07 showed passenger side airbag recall was done by Ford prior to me buying it new in August of 2009.  No issues.  I don't think this had any connection to the current recall stuff

GG

I stand corrected,my car was made 4/07.When l take it in l will show the service mgr. the recall notice.When l searched this site someone posted the pdf file and in another post someone said the code that flashes is 22,thats the code my car is flashing,wish me luck.