TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire pressue monitor fault

Few days ago my KR display showed tire pressure monitor fault.  I have not replace anything on it, does anyone have this same problem?  Does anyone know where the TP sensors is located at? I can't seems to find it anywhere on the wheel, could it be inside the tires.  Thanks.

Edited by eddie_fan@kingston.com
more information

I have had this problem intermittently as well. I get a message on the screen on the dash that says TPMS fault and my ABS light comes on If I remember correctly but I haven’t been able to diagnose or resolve the issue. Hopefully somebody here has the answer

Remember that the TPMS is inside the rim as part of the valve stem and has a battery that cannot be replaced.  When you update your tires, as you should, every 5 to 7 years, install a new  TPMS.  A low battery in the sensor can give a false reading. Be sure you get the TPMS tool and follow the annoying procedure to set them.  

Thanks everyone for your post and help.  I actually took it to my local Ford dealer here at Costa Mesa yesterday and they strip all four tires and did not find the sensors, but later I asked them why my other 3 rims are so clean except one is dirty, and later admitted they only took one tire off to check and charged me $150  ... I'm never taking my KR there for anymore services as the tech not honest and really don't know what they are doing.  I will check American Muscle for pricing take it to a local tire shop and see if they know anything as well as price comparison...

to twobjshelbys , yes I have put air and still showed the same error displayed ...

66GT350PS ... thanks for the note.  I actually email Shelby in Vegas and Service Manager recommended me take it to Discount Tire store and they know what to do... as of now I still do not know if all 4 tpm sensors went out at the same time? or if tpm sensors is not communicating with the monitor system which could be the system module defective.    

I but I know a lot of cars like BMW is counting the spin speed from the wheel ABS sensors to calculate the tire pressure (The rotation), I'm not sure about these cars tho, are you sure they have sensors inside the tires or counting from the ABS?? This was just a thought because I was also experiencing the tire pressure fault message on my dashboard before but I have not taken care of it yet and I read about this,

All, conclusion was after all 4 tires removed from the rims and there were strap band and no tpm sensors on all 4 wheels.  So not sure all these 4 tires was original installed and tires was never removed and no sensors ... after 10 years the tire pressure monitor fault display just decide to show up... All new tpm sensors was installed by Discount Tire and display message all fixed.  Total cost for 4 tpm sensors plus installation was $350. 

47 minutes ago, Oleg said:

I but I know a lot of cars like BMW is counting the spin speed from the wheel ABS sensors to calculate the tire pressure (The rotation), I'm not sure about these cars tho, are you sure they have sensors inside the tires or counting from the ABS?? This was just a thought because I was also experiencing the tire pressure fault message on my dashboard before but I have not taken care of it yet and I read about this,

Oleg, thanks for your info.  KR do have tpm sensors which are installed inside the tires strap on the rims.  Unfortunately, I discovered 10 years later all 4 tires does not have the sensors but the strap band was all there...