TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Misc new buy

Hi, new to forum just bought my first 500hp car new to mustangs and new to the gt500, i have so many questions but I'll be brief,

first i noticed the oil filter the dealer put on this thing is fl500s which from my looking around seems to be the wrong one,

so i intend to change that and oil since if they were dumb enough to put wrong filter then im sure oil is wrong. 

Next the car didnt come with any owners manuals, it has sw long tube headers, corsa exhaust, jlt intake, and looks to be matco 2.6 super pulley, my concern is no tuner came with car 

my question is without a tune would this car run properly?  I want to know what tune is on it and was told to flash pcm to stock by ford and have a tune written by vmp for the mods it has so i know. Any thoughts? 

2011 Gt500

Welcome to TS. Ford dealer ?

Your comments suggest you know a little bit about GT500 mods, so all your concerns should have been asked / satisfied prior to the purchase. Ask the dealership to have whoever traded the car in to contact you. The 1st rule for buying a modded car is " complete documentation ", you may still recover if the previous owner is the first owner. I would not flash the car back to stock till I knew what was going on,................provided it's running ok. Why do you think it has no tune ? Do you see a wrench light on the dashboard or is the car in limp mode ? The dealership is your next stop,................good luck !!

1 hour ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

Thanks, no at time i did not know, car looked stock didnt find out about pulley till after purchase. Car is running fine. Ie no issues,

I was told without a tune with smaller sc pulley it would run extremely lean and need a tune to prevent engine damage. So it is this unkown that bothers me. Hence why i wanted to flash back to stock and the  do a tune.

Rep from SCT advised against stacking tunes if i dont know whats on it currently thanks