TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need of a SGT grille due to a deer attack.

There was recently a thread on the very topic but for some reason I can’t find it. Sadly the 13 bar grill is no longer available. The tri-bar horse is available I believe either through SA or Scott Drake. There are a few grills that are “close” but short of finding a wrecked SGT you will need to accept “close”. 

It would be nice if SA got in touch with the original vendor to see if replacements could be made. Granted it's 10 years later but in todays world of computers I'm sure the design is still available even if it's archived. I'm sure those of us who ever need one would be willing to pay the cost for a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Shelby Friends,

I need your help. I also need the metal and plastic grilles for my 2007 Shelby GT (white). My car was involved in a front end collision that destroyed both grilles. The vehicle is in a body shop now, and the lack of a suitable grill is going to prevent them giving a drivable vehicle back to me. Can anyone help point me in a direction where I can buy one or both of these parts? I am quite surprised that the body shop has been unable to locate even the plastic grille. I've chosen to repaint and re-stripe the entire vehicle (and we know how much of an issue that is, but that's for another day...).

Remanufacturing from an existing grille is an option, especially since laser scanning is straightforward.

IASHELBYGT? 07SGT0517? Are you able to help? I am willing to pay shipping costs if we end up having to do a scan of the dimensions for remanufacture.

Brad

IMG_8041.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

Edited by Northeast2007SGT

They are tough to find. I have a couple spares, but then I have 2 cars that take this grille, so I'm  going to hang on to them because of just what happened to you. I'll keep my eyes open for one though. Some times they pop up on eBay.  Also, what are you willing to pay for it? A friend of mine just paid $550 for an 08 grille and surround and  I just sold a black grille insert with no pony emblem for $250 to a TS member.  Good luck.

Dave

3 minutes ago, IASHELBYGT said:

They are tough to find. I have a couple spares, but then I have 2 cars that take this grille, so I'm  going to hang on to them because of just what happened to you. I'll keep my eyes open for one though. Some times they pop up on eBay.  Also, what are you willing to pay for it? A friend of mine just paid $550 for an 08 grille and surround and  I just sold a black grille insert with no pony emblem for $250 to a TS member.  Good luck.

Dave

Dave,

I understand your desire to hang on to your spares and am keeping an eye on eBay. You also asked what I’m willing to pay - are you willing to sell? I will send you my phone number so we can chat more if that’s the case.

Brad

Replacement grills, only "GT" type grills will fit your SGT. https://www.americanmuscle.com/05-07-mustang-grills.html

The Roush is 9 fins, and the Cervini (out of stock) are 15 fins. Both do not require the OEM stock grill as noted in your lower photo. You simply screw the grill into the grill opening of the fascia.

Only "California Special" lower grills will fit your SGT fascia (if desired, but not required) and are pretty obsolete these days, and not original equipment. Lower matching Shelby billet grills are selling for $1000 on eBay nowadays.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AAL-Ford-Mustang-Gt-V8-2005-2009-Upper-Billet-Grille-Insert-Logo-Covered/222646033826?fits=Year%3A2007|Submodel%3AShelby+GT&hash=item33d6bcdda2:g:Z1QAAOSwAD9cDGDD:rk:56:pf:0#vi-ilComp

This might work. The individual photo of the grill has 13 fins, but uses a Cervini fascia as an example, which has 15 fins. I would contact the seller to get the exact count of fins.

You'll need an OEM honeycomb grill to mount this billet overlay. Some SGT owners have purchased new grills and added the fog lights behind the billet grill. I purchased the proper PIAA driving lights for the lower brake bezels, but couldn't find the obsolete bezels, so I mounted the lights behind the upper grill in the Eleanore position, and tinted the lenses to "hide" them.

ShelbyGTSC5246_8111sml.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
9 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

Great! Just ordered both.

Given those fog lights are no longer made, can you produce/offer an extra set of plastic inserts like the ones for the brake duct side? 

Sure wouldn't want an open hole where the lights would/should go.

They are 4" round lights nothing special PIAA 5196 is the same size

http://info.shelbyamerican.com/Instructions/S6MK-2004-B.pdf

Edited by andrewnagle1964