TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Requirements To Qualify as a Shelby

AllenB

I have a 2016 mustang GT. I had the Whipple 2.9 & 132 mm throttle body put on at Galpin Auto sports in So. Cal. Along with that, they put on Ford Racing Springs/shocks and sway bars front/ Rear. I added 10.5 rims with 285 Michelin Pilot Sport Tire’s in back with 9.5 rims and 265 Michelin Pilot Sports up front.

What do I need to add (at the minimum) to get the Mustang recongnized as a Shelby? (Shelby certificate and Shelby VIN with badging.

41 minutes ago, AllenB said:

What do I need to add (at the minimum) to get the Mustang recongnized as a Shelby? (Shelby certificate and Shelby VIN with badging.

You have to send the car to Shelby and have them turn it into a Shelby GTE or SuperSnake. That is the minimum.

Or, I believe, you can have one of the few associated Shelby facilities do it. I thought that Galpin was one of those. You might check with Galpin Auto Sports and see if they are. Of course you are pretty close to Las Vegas......