TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Repalcement Tires?

3 hours ago, IASHELBYGT said:

I very much enjoyed my DWS06's this fall and winter and switched to MPSS for the spring and summer and will switch again in the fall

Thanks Andrew - with the Hertz car I just want a good all weather high performance tire. I don't see myself doing any high speed events with this car, more cruising and travel to & from events. So durability is important to me as well. 

There is a tire that no one really knows about and kinda new to the U.S. and its called Nokian. Their high perf. summer tire has gotten ratings right under Michelin so anyone try these yet?

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:08 AM, 39Mustang said:

There is a tire that no one really knows about and kinda new to the U.S. and its called Nokian. Their high perf. summer tire has gotten ratings right under Michelin so anyone try these yet?

Certainly have gotten good reviews on the websites I visited. I might check them out. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I put the BFG Comp 2 A/S on my 2007 Shelby GT in the stock size.  My car has very low miles, around 1000 but I wanted to preserve the originals and not take any chances driving on them.  I love the new BFG's.  They have a great look to them and are more aggressive in appearance than the OEM BFG's in 07.  They are quiet and handle quite well.  I also never like seeing Nitto etc. on Mustangs.  I am sure all those Japan, Chinese tires are great, but they aren't meant to be on American Classics. 

11 hours ago, noac said:

I put the BFG Comp 2 A/S on my 2007 Shelby GT in the stock size.  My car has very low miles, around 1000 but I wanted to preserve the originals and not take any chances driving on them.  I love the new BFG's.  They have a great look to them and are more aggressive in appearance than the OEM BFG's in 07.  They are quiet and handle quite well.  I also never like seeing Nitto etc. on Mustangs.  I am sure all those Japan, Chinese tires are great, but they aren't meant to be on American Classics. 

News Flash: your BFG’s aren’t an “American” Tire anymore either, around 1990 they were bought out by Michelin (A French owned company).