TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Had it with all this dealer BS ........

scs1

:happy feet: I just sent a letter out to Ford I just had to ask them a few question after all. I just hope they answer thats all. Wish me Luck

I sent it to

Board of Directors

Ford Motor Company

P.O. Box 685

Dearborn, MI 48126-0685

U.S.A.

William Clay Ford, Jr.

Executive Chairman

Alan Mulally

President and Chief Executive Officer

it was not nasty it was good we will see what ford has to say #1 about Ebay and the Kr on Ebay and there is More why do you let the dealer fu-- with ADM sh-- and there is more and more i will let you no if Ford talk to me or my dealer i have had it with all this ebay and dealer on ebay shi-- More to come o buy the way my dealer is very good he sold me my shelby Gt500 at MSRP when no other would

thanks scs1

it was not nasty it was good we will see what ford has to say #1 about Ebay and the Kr on Ebay and there is More why do you let the dealer fu-- with ADM sh-- and there is more and more i will let you no if Ford talk to me or my dealer i have had it with all this ebay and dealer on ebay shi-- More to come o buy the way my dealer is very good he sold me my shelby Gt500 at MSRP when no other would

thanks scs1

Wow...buy a vowel dude. :hysterical:

thanks scs1

I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as they contract a translator to read the letter. :hysterical2:

HSURB

The letters have not been very effective or at least I have not seen any that have changed anything. Maybe if we got everyone to write a letter, they would listen !

While I agree that more letters can be better...I think only if they are well-written.

If you have letters written like the one above....the intended result will not be achieved.

Dave

A letter might work if the intent was correct. To complain to Ford about their best seller, lets be real. They will sell every one they build! So they will listen, why? No need my friend. Tell them how they are missing the mark elsewhere and you might, just might, get them to even read one. Come on, Ford is huge, these issues are minor and only effect a few people.

I send a 5 page letter to Ford. I wasn't about to put all it on here. we will see what ford has to say about it next week . I fax a copy to ford today and all ready have gottting two fax's back from them on it . and one Email I will see next week what they have to say when i talk to them .

Although Letters may help, the smartest thing to do is be patient. The ADM is there because the market will bear it. Well for a little while at least. Every new hot item goes through this unless it is reguated my manufacturer. It is supply and demand, as simple as that. Those who wait when supply increases will pay less.

The GT500 is not as limited as people think. Over 10,000 units were made. That is a lot of cars, and they are making close to the same number for 08. Be patient that is a lot of cars coming down the pipe.

Although Letters may help, the smartest thing to do is be patient. The ADM is there because the market will bear it. Well for a little while at least. Every new hot item goes through this unless it is reguated my manufacturer. It is supply and demand, as simple as that. Those who wait when supply increases will pay less.

The GT500 is not as limited as people think. Over 10,000 units were made. That is a lot of cars, and they are making close to the same number for 08. Be patient that is a lot of cars coming down the pipe.

Ya

When Ford,Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Toyota must I go on, pump millions of cars into the market each year than 10,000 is a lot of cars. :banghead::banghead:

thanks scs1

I don't understand. You were one of the very few who got an MSRP deal and you're complaining to Ford? Ford manufactures the car we all love. Ebay and the dealers are not owned by Ford.

Zan,

Actually, you're incorrect. Last years NA production was 7 million Light Vehicles according to Wards. Corvette production was over 70,000 (I believe) Z06 over 7,000 (I belive), Mustang production is over 150,000. USA population is over 300M--each person (in general) has a minimum of 1 car. 10,800 vehicles is indeed an extremely limited run. Regards.

Stuart

Zan,

Actually, you're incorrect. Last years NA production was 7 million Light Vehicles according to Wards. Corvette production was over 70,000 (I believe) Z06 over 7,000 (I belive), Mustang production is over 150,000. USA population is over 300M--each person (in general) has a minimum of 1 car. 10,800 vehicles is indeed an extremely limited run. Regards.

Stuart

Limited production? Here is a little food for thought. The GT500 had roughly 10,800 units produced in 2007. Compare that to the entire Generation II Dodge Viper which ran from 1996 through 2002 which produced 11,5xx units. Now Dodge Vipers are relatively rare but every large city has a handful of them. Now when the GT500 is produced in 2008 their will be twice as many GT500's made in two years as 6 years of Vipers being made.

Well even a Ford Escape is limited production until they change the body style. Usually when a car collector refers to limited production they usually are talking about cars that number under 5000 units. The Ford GT is a limited production car.

As for the dealers, well what do you think they are going to tell you? You think they are going to tell you to wait and hold on to your money? Of course not! They are going to tell you that if you don't buy now you will lose a chance to buy a sure classic!

Just look at the dam trends and use your brains before you respond. Has the ADM not dropped from 30k to close to 5k?

Like anything else the first bunch of a product is going to be in high demand. Once the impatient and impulsive buyers get what they want the market shifts.

Limited production? Here is a little food for thought. The GT500 had roughly 10,800 units produced in 2007. Compare that to the entire Generation II Dodge Viper which ran from 1996 through 2002 which produced 11,5xx units. Now Dodge Vipers are relatively rare but every large city has a handful of them. Now when the GT500 is produced in 2008 their will be twice as many GT500's made in two years as 6 years of Vipers being made.

Well even a Ford Escape is limited production until they change the body style. Usually when a car collector refers to limited production they usually are talking about cars that number under 5000 units. The Ford GT is a limited production car.

As for the dealers, well what do you think they are going to tell you? You think they are going to tell you to wait and hold on to your money? Of course not! They are going to tell you that if you don't buy now you will lose a chance to buy a sure classic!

Just look at the dam trends and use your brains before you respond. Has the ADM not dropped from 30k to close to 5k?

Like anything else the first bunch of a product is going to be in high demand. Once the impatient and impulsive buyers get what they want the market shifts.

Not being a salesman anymore I can't speak with any authority on what the current market is, but I suspect $5k ADM's are still the exception and not the norm. The GT500 'normally' selling for MSRP will have more to do with whether or not Ford decides to build them for '09 - this is quite literally the $60,000 question!

Generally, my only criticism of your analysis is that the GT500 is not a Viper. Never mind the price. The Mustang, even without the Shelby name has far broader appeal, history, and personality than a Viper. For example, if I could afford to spend $60k on a toy, I would buy the GT500 in a heartbeat - I would never spend that kind of money on a Viper, much less a Dodge of any sort. Beyond the emotional appeal of a mustang over a Viper, there's a very practical reason to choose the Gt500 over the Viper - the Viper only has two seats. At first glance it may seam ridiculous to even worry about issues of practicality, but for most families of 3 or 4, the Viper would have to be a third car. The GT500 on the other hand could serve quite nicely as the second car (no flames from garage queens, please :finger: ) To put it in more real terms, if I were to have to convince my wife that I must have a GT500, I can always say, "look, it has a back seat - no worries." When you view the cost of a Viper as a third car compared to the GT500 as the inevitable second car, the difference in price becomes far greater than the $20k difference in actual price (or whatever the difference is - I haven't priced Vipers lately...ever!) .

In any case, everyone holding out for MSRP is taking the gamble that Ford will roll out with '09's. If that happens then I don't think finding an MSRP deal will be overly difficult. However, if Ford ends production with the '07's, the prices will jump right back up to $15k-$20k over. Also, consider that if Ford says '07's are it, then everyone that really, really wants one, but maybe were waiting to see what prices would do will probably pull the trigger right away. This spike in demand will drive the ADM to where ever it goes.

...personally, if I were waiting, but happened across a +$5k deal, I'd jump on it even if the car wasn't precisely what I was looking for in options.

my 2 cents.

I've been very reluctant to mention what ADM's are doing around us, because in my heart I know that nationwide and on average they are coming down in general. However, in the Seattle area, GT500's are still hard to find, waiting lists are still very long, and people are still paying silly money to buy them when they become available.

We opted 1.5 years ago to pre-sell our 2007 GT500's for $10K over MSRP. We quickly pre-sold our entire allocation at that $10K ADM. All the other dealers around us were getting $25K ADM's all year. I talked to dozens of guys who bought at our competitors and they often said they wished we would have had more cars available so they could have paid "just" $10K over sticker. It was nice to know that customers were happy with such a great price (relatively speaking), but the owner and upper management started wondering if they had left too much money on the table. We found out soon after.....

A few months ago, we got an extra 07 GT500. We decided to see how the market was and put a $25K ADM on it. We figured it may sit a few months, but that would be OK if it created a little bit of traffic or allowed people to see one in person who hadn't been able to up to that point. However, it was sold at that price with just 2 phone calls and in 1 day! Two weeks ago, we got another extra 07 GT500 (red stripe app pkg) and we priced it at $25K over MSRP. My gut told me we were past the time of $25K ADM's, but that car was sold at that price the very next morning that we received it. Both customers were excited to find available GT500's locally and neither questioned the pricing. I truly believe that they left happy with their transactions.

I have talked to a bunch of people on our GT500 list who are still trying to get one (a 2008 at this point) who have asked if we will still offer the same "deal" on 2008's as we did on the pre-sold 2007's at "just" $10K over MSRP. There is still a perception around here that $10K ADM's are a great deal. I have no idea what the owner will price our 2008's at, but he has to decide quickly as our first 2008 GT500 (vista blue, white stripe coupe) is already on a train and due to us next week. We opted not to pre-sell it, so it'll be first-come first-served at whatever price the boss thinks the market is. I hope he sets a competitive price, but I'm not even sure what that price would be anymore.

On the bright side, we're selling all of our remaining 2007 Shelby GT's at MSRP. No ADM's of any kind. We also have 2 of our 3 remaining new 2007 Mustang GT's priced below invoice! It all comes down to supply and demand. We have more GT's and Shelby GT's than people are demanding, while we have way more customers than Ford can supply GT500's to.

I'm not posting to suggest that big ADM's are still the norm, but neither is MSRP anytime soon. There's a move toward the direction of MSRP that's coming, but who knows when (or if) it'll be widespread. Isolated instances of MSRP will happen. Some guys will get deals below MSRP (I know of two, personally, who paid less than MSRP who were very, very well connected with dealers). However, in the grand scheme of things, some sort of ADM's will be the norm for quite awhile. That's too bad, as ADM's (and long lists) prevented me from purchasing a GT500. I love my 2007 Mustang GT coupe, but I'd have been happier with a GT500 coupe, though.

Same chatter, post after post... I really think you should buy a Viper, or wait for the new Camero.... I am losing all hope that you are in any way a Shelby fan, let alone your depressing the group :banghead:

I've been very reluctant to mention what ADM's are doing around us, because in my heart I know that nationwide and on average they are coming down in general. However, in the Seattle area, GT500's are still hard to find, waiting lists are still very long, and people are still paying silly money to buy them when they become available.

We opted 1.5 years ago to pre-sell our 2007 GT500's for $10K over MSRP. We quickly pre-sold our entire allocation at that $10K ADM. All the other dealers around us were getting $25K ADM's all year. I talked to dozens of guys who bought at our competitors and they often said they wished we would have had more cars available so they could have paid "just" $10K over sticker. It was nice to know that customers were happy with such a great price (relatively speaking), but the owner and upper management started wondering if they had left too much money on the table. We found out soon after.....

A few months ago, we got an extra 07 GT500. We decided to see how the market was and put a $25K ADM on it. We figured it may sit a few months, but that would be OK if it created a little bit of traffic or allowed people to see one in person who hadn't been able to up to that point. However, it was sold at that price with just 2 phone calls and in 1 day! Two weeks ago, we got another extra 07 GT500 (red stripe app pkg) and we priced it at $25K over MSRP. My gut told me we were past the time of $25K ADM's, but that car was sold at that price the very next morning that we received it. Both customers were excited to find available GT500's locally and neither questioned the pricing. I truly believe that they left happy with their transactions.

I have talked to a bunch of people on our GT500 list who are still trying to get one (a 2008 at this point) who have asked if we will still offer the same "deal" on 2008's as we did on the pre-sold 2007's at "just" $10K over MSRP. There is still a perception around here that $10K ADM's are a great deal. I have no idea what the owner will price our 2008's at, but he has to decide quickly as our first 2008 GT500 (vista blue, white stripe coupe) is already on a train and due to us next week. We opted not to pre-sell it, so it'll be first-come first-served at whatever price the boss thinks the market is. I hope he sets a competitive price, but I'm not even sure what that price would be anymore.

On the bright side, we're selling all of our remaining 2007 Shelby GT's at MSRP. No ADM's of any kind. We also have 2 of our 3 remaining new 2007 Mustang GT's priced below invoice! It all comes down to supply and demand. We have more GT's and Shelby GT's than people are demanding, while we have way more customers than Ford can supply GT500's to.

I'm not posting to suggest that big ADM's are still the norm, but neither is MSRP anytime soon. There's a move toward the direction of MSRP that's coming, but who knows when (or if) it'll be widespread. Isolated instances of MSRP will happen. Some guys will get deals below MSRP (I know of two, personally, who paid less than MSRP who were very, very well connected with dealers). However, in the grand scheme of things, some sort of ADM's will be the norm for quite awhile. That's too bad, as ADM's (and long lists) prevented me from purchasing a GT500. I love my 2007 Mustang GT coupe, but I'd have been happier with a GT500 coupe, though.

Excellent post, Five Oh B. I always like to hear from the salesman/dealer side on these issues. I too would love to see these cars come down to MSRP but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. This seems to be a very unique situation-- the cars are (still) fetching large ADM's and appear to be staying on this track (perhaps with somewhat smaller ADM's at least in some markets).

Excellent post, Five Oh B. I always like to hear from the salesman/dealer side on these issues. I too would love to see these cars come down to MSRP but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. This seems to be a very unique situation-- the cars are (still) fetching large ADM's and appear to be staying on this track (perhaps with somewhat smaller ADM's at least in some markets).

The dealers near me in Southern California are sitting on cars. They are not lowering the ADm but the cars do not seem to be moving. It will be interesting to see that happens when they park a few 2008's next to the 2007's.

A couple of the dealers have called to see if I am still interested, I say yes, they say I better move quick or its going to sell and I will miss my chance, but they have not sold yet.

Those of us that have not bought yet can only hope.

Good job! Do you ever go out to Westheimer/hwy 6 ? That lot is full between about 10pm and 1am on Saturday nights. My wife lets me sneak out ever so often!

Which lot is that? Wife is out of town this weekend and I might just have to cruise down and see whats up......

Archived