TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, svtkeith said:

Did you ever find a track car Blake?

I've been tracking the GT500 and Cobra from time to time.  Although I don't think I'll put the GT500 back on track anymore.  It's just too heavy and I tend to push the car pretty hard.  Broke the carbon driveshaft coming out of the apex of turn 14 at CMP last year.  

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, Grabber said:

I used to contribute here since 2006.  I poured many many hours into "how to" threads.  I was a Mod when the site was called "Stangs Unleashed. Then continued on as a mod up until a couple years ago until they fired me and did not even bother to tell me. When I asked "Why", I was told that TS was shifting to have Regional guys be the mods so they would step up to the plate. Was told it was the new model for the forum.

So now I very rarely even visit the site for the last couple years.

I learned more from Grabber than anyone on this site.  When I first bought the GT500, I was very displeased at how the car handled and the clutch feel.  Reading all of Grabber's notes helped me determine the best ways to correct the behavior of the car.  So now that you are around from time to time again, let me officially say thank you! 

Maybe you could provide one last bit of knowledge:  After installing the Watts Link and over time, the rear of my car has developed a thunk/clunking noise when I throw it hard into a corner.  I've checked my LCA bushings and they seem to be fine along with the Watts Link set up.  I wonder if the UCA or possibly the rear shock tower needs to be checked?  Hard to get up there without a lift and I have not had time to get to my guy lately.  Thoughts O WISE ONE?  From a previous thread, a lot of guys seem to be having the same issue, but no one had the solution.  I talked to Mr. Fay as well and didn't get anywhere.  

Thanks in advance for your guidance! 

1 hour ago, ViperNC said:

I've been tracking the GT500 and Cobra from time to time.  Although I don't think I'll put the GT500 back on track anymore.  It's just too heavy and I tend to push the car pretty hard.  Broke the carbon driveshaft coming out of the apex of turn 14 at CMP last year.  

I learned more from Grabber than anyone on this site.  When I first bought the GT500, I was very displeased at how the car handled and the clutch feel.  Reading all of Grabber's notes helped me determine the best ways to correct the behavior of the car.  So now that you are around from time to time again, let me officially say thank you! 

Maybe you could provide one last bit of knowledge:  After installing the Watts Link and over time, the rear of my car has developed a thunk/clunking noise when I throw it hard into a corner.  I've checked my LCA bushings and they seem to be fine along with the Watts Link set up.  I wonder if the UCA or possibly the rear shock tower needs to be checked?  Hard to get up there without a lift and I have not had time to get to my guy lately.  Thoughts O WISE ONE?  From a previous thread, a lot of guys seem to be having the same issue, but no one had the solution.  I talked to Mr. Fay as well and didn't get anywhere.  

Thanks in advance for your guidance! 

I have not experienced that and do not have any suggestions....unfortunately.  I appreciate the comments from you and the others very much.