TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BB,

Yep, seen those before. 'Course we know that they've been violated time and again, not that I would ever condone it, but they have. So I'm guessing the temperament has either changed or something else happened...Inquiring minds want to know.....

Team Shelby lost a lot of forum members after making the switch to the new platform so i'm surprised that the powers that be have become so tight.

Makes me cringe every-time Admin shuts down a topic without an explanation. Tell us what we did wrong!

I've been a member for over 10 years and I own 4 Shelby's!

I'm starting to lose interest thanks to the harsh tone of the Forum Admin.

I just did a search for "Team Shelby Rules and Guidelines and it came up blank........BUT,  Here is ONE Rule for you that was posted in the "No Topic Thread"....................................

Creating a duplicate thread in response to a thread that has been locked by Team Shelby Admins is a violation of TS rules/guidelines.

Posting privileges for the next person who does this will be suspended.

Edited by tesgt350

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

:salute:

Chris,

Thanks for posting this link.....not sure how i missed it.

Would be great if the admin's would clarify what Non-Automotive topics are off limits other than this...

7.No political or religious discussions. We are not trying to curb your right to free speech however, we have found by experience, these threads go sideways quickly.

I this is suppose to be cars only than maybe they should get rid of this section entirely...just saying

Team Shelby: NON-Automotive Off Topic

This forum is for non-automotive related discussion.

49 minutes ago, Secondo said:

The admin removed all of Ruf's gun posts and then chided us saying we should just talk about cars. In a Non-Automotive section. I asked him what rule has been broken but I did not receive an answer. :waiting:

:club:

You said the "G" word. :runaway:

4 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

Chris,

Thanks for posting this link.....not sure how i missed it.

Would be great if the admin's would clarify what Non-Automotive topics are off limits other than this...

7.No political or religious discussions. We are not trying to curb your right to free speech however, we have found by experience, these threads go sideways quickly.

I this is suppose to be cars only than maybe they should get rid of this section entirely...just saying

Team Shelby: NON-Automotive Off Topic

This forum is for non-automotive related discussion.

Well said Andrew..........I was sent a PM saying we were going to be gotten rid of one brick at a time...nice huh?

I too have been on here for a very long time. I’ve seen the site come and go (with members), and change over time. It’s the nature of specialty car ownership. Guys buy and sell their toys and fall out of love with some and move on. 

There are a lot of us that have remained on the site for MORE than the cars. And I too always believed there was the Non Automotive area for those of us, or for anyone frankly, that wants to discuss fresh or current topics. I suspect we ALL know right from wrong on Internet forums , and do NOT even need a set of written rules. 

It’s become unfortunate of late that the site underwent this “transition” as it’s been described. Heck, I left for a bit. Didn’t like the new format. But then Keith and  a couple other guys let me know this new format is only temporary. So, I came back. And now I’ve found many new guys that are once again making it fun to come on  and  talk about cars AND other things that car guys enjoy. 

All I wanna say guys, is please let’s not pi$$ off the ownership of the site. I’ve been here for 12 years this month. I’ve made tons of friends here in the Team Shelby community.....even met a few. But this is a great form of communication for an old dude that refuses to Facebook. We had fun for a very long time and were able to keep it clean and civil. Let’s keep it that way fellas! If TS kicks us all off “one brick at a time”, it will be the end of an era, and none of us wants that. 

BB

:backtotopic: 

Edit- PS, I’m even trying to do my part to grow up.....I kicked the tricycle outta my avatar! :lol: 

Edited by BIKEBOY

44 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

I too have been on here for a very long time. I’ve seen the site come and go (with members), and change over time. It’s the nature of specialty car ownership. Guys buy and sell their toys and fall out of love with some and move on. 

There are a lot of us that have remained on the site for MORE than the cars. And I too always believed there was the Non Automotive area for those of us, or for anyone frankly, that wants to discuss fresh or current topics. I suspect we ALL know right from wrong on Internet forums , and do NOT even need a set of written rules. 

It’s become unfortunate of late that the site underwent this “transition” as it’s been described. Heck, I left for a bit. Didn’t like the new format. But then Keith and  a couple other guys let me know this new format is only temporary. So, I came back. And now I’ve found many new guys that are once again making it fun to come on  and  talk about cars AND other things that car guys enjoy. 

All I wanna say guys, is please let’s not pi$$ off the ownership of the site. I’ve been here for 12 years this month. I’ve made tons of friends here in the Team Shelby community.....even met a few. But this is a great form of communication for an old dude that refuses to Facebook. We had fun for a very long time and were able to keep it clean and civil. Let’s keep it that way fellas! If TS kicks us all off “one brick at a time”, it will be the end of an era, and none of us wants that. 

BB

:backtotopic: 

Edit- PS, I’m even trying to do my part to grow up.....I kicked the tricycle outta my avatar! :lol: 

Glad you came back bud....;)

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Well said Andrew..........I was sent a PM saying we were going to be gotten rid of one brick at a time...nice huh?

Keith I tried sending you a p.m. but it said you can't receive any. You locked out?