TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2006 Hertz In the House

So, for those that know me it's never too long before I'm looking for another cool Shelby Mustang. I've always loved the 2006 GT-H and that it was the fore father of the SGT. The car that got Shelby back in business. A low mile beauty was listed on eBay with two auctions and no bids. It looked like a great car. I contacted the owner and we agreed on a very fair price. We drove into Chicago area yesterday, did the deal and drove her home. Somehow managed to avoid the rain coming home. I was very excited the get this car. 

A little history - It was in Hertz Fleet in Denver, sold by auction to McCarthy Ford in WI. Was then purchased by a private seller in WI and then by that owners' brother-in-law in Illinois. The car had 10,089 miles with Hertz. When I bought it yesterday it showed 10,768 on the odometer.  There are some imperfections from when it was in rental service, but overall a super clean car with good paint. It was well cared for the past  10 years.

BikeBoy can you help post a few pictures for the Shelby community. I have not posted pictures since Photobucket started charging. Thanks,

Dave

Edited by IASHELBYGT

You haven't read my posts about my black BJ SGTs?   Black paint is a job.  It will become an obsession.   First thing to remember is that you should NEVER use a California Duster.  They just move grains of sand around, about 2000 grit sandpaper.  Use spray detailer with a very well worn microfiber towel (one that has been washed "many times") to clear the dust off.  You should start off with a prep.  Wash the car with detergent to get the old wax off.  Then clay bar.  Then wax.  I used Turtle Wax Ice paste - two coats.  Then use the detailer to keep the dust down, and every two or three cleanings with the detailer wash and re-polish with the Ice liquid.   This will keep the swirl marks down to a minimum, but every 2nd season send the car to a trained professional for a true polishing detail to get rid of the microscratches.  Lather rinse repeat.    The same method worked on my Cobra - British Racing Green is heavily "black" biased and suffered the same maintenance issues.

PS.  Ice products work well because the wax can be used on plastic parts - the black things like mirrors and front grills as well as the stripes.  My red strips so treated had not faded when I had to have the front ones replaced because of the scoop buckling.

11 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

You haven't read my posts about my black BJ SGTs?   Black paint is a job.  It will become an obsession.   First thing to remember is that you should NEVER use a California Duster.  They just move grains of sand around, about 2000 grit sandpaper.  Use spray detailer with a very well worn microfiber towel (one that has been washed "many times") to clear the dust off.  You should start off with a prep.  Wash the car with detergent to get the old wax off.  Then clay bar.  Then wax.  I used Turtle Wax Ice paste - two coats.  Then use the detailer to keep the dust down, and every two or three cleanings with the detailer wash and re-polish with the Ice liquid.   This will keep the swirl marks down to a minimum, but every 2nd season send the car to a trained professional for a true polishing detail to get rid of the microscratches.  Lather rinse repeat.    The same method worked on my Cobra - British Racing Green is heavily "black" biased and suffered the same maintenance issues.

PS.  Ice products work well because the wax can be used on plastic parts - the black things like mirrors and front grills as well as the stripes.  My red strips so treated had not faded when I had to have the front ones replaced because of the scoop buckling.

Yes, that's a good process. I like turtle wax ice. I use it on other vehicles and love the spray detailer. Previous owner said he used it. Thanks for the tips. A professional detailer also seems like a great option ?

Here are a few more pics of CSM# 06H0095

This car appears to be a stunning example from Dave's pictures here.  :worship: He failed to mention that there's NOT ONE road or curb rash on ANY of the four rims!! How's that for a retired rental vehicle??? :cool:

41379317965_38c04c1660_b_d.jpg

40474503510_17b92c5819_b_d.jpg41379318005_cb2ddb7352_b_d.jpg

41379317855_2ba328814f_b_d.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY

22 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I am so jealous.  I am rethinking my collection now. 

Maybe Dave will sell me this car too, someday?! :hysterical2: 

Who knows Chris but I'm thinking I might keep this one for awhile :)