TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Parts Availability?

So I've been looking at some 06/07 hertz cars for sale and some of them have rough sill plates or Hertz badges and the side of the car. Are either of these parts still available through Shelby or are you owners stuck with the aftermarket/eBay trying to find this stuff?  I think I know the answer, but just wanted to confirm it. Thanks

they have them, but you have to jump through loops to get them . I wanted to replace the hertz side plates the chrome is coming off . I was told that it cost 50.00 for set

and i must take them off first before they will send me new.. double the work. it does piss me off because a few years ago they were selling these parts on the website

19 hours ago, wolfinger said:

they have them, but you have to jump through loops to get them . I wanted to replace the hertz side plates the chrome is coming off . I was told that it cost 50.00 for set

and i must take them off first before they will send me new.. double the work. it does piss me off because a few years ago they were selling these parts on the website

I agree 100% with Shelby doing this!

Not likely they were ever selling these parts off the internet without proof of ownership. I even had to prove ownership for replacement stripes.

Shelby no longer has the chrome HERTZ badges for the 06 and 07 GT-H. I called a couple weeks ago because I wanted to replace mine and they said they no longer had any in stock. It is very disappointing that we cannot replace these parts to keep our car looking in top shape. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, 06H014 said:

Shelby no longer has the chrome HERTZ badges for the 06 and 07 GT-H. I called a couple weeks ago because I wanted to replace mine and they said they no longer had any in stock. It is very disappointing that we cannot replace these parts to keep our car looking in top shape. 

Have them redone.  Yes they are plastic but can be recoated chrome.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, 06H014 said:

Darn it, that's what needs it on one of the cars I'm looking at.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, BIKEBOY said:

I didn’t think those badges looked that bad, Dave? Maybe the pics aren’t great. 

Chris,

I  don't think they are bad looking either. I'll see when I view the car later this week. The drivers side sill plate looks like it's got some pitting in it, so if those are still available from Shelby  I may request a swap out. Getting pumped for a new addition to the stable.

Dave

5 hours ago, IASHELBYGT said:

Chris,

I  don't think they are bad looking either. I'll see when I view the car later this week. The drivers side sill plate looks like it's got some pitting in it, so if those are still available from Shelby  I may request a swap out. Getting pumped for a new addition to the stable.

Dave

Congratulations buddy!! :) 

On 5/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, 06H014 said:

I called today and they said they have side badges available. You have to call Ford and verify car. Then Shelby can issue you part. Side badges are $50 set.  You have to return old set off your car. Call Shelby

customer service and ask for Daniel Velarde. I think that's how you spell his name.

Edited by IASHELBYGT