TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shopping New Shelby

Jsf721

Been an car guy my whole life. Mostly Japanese and German high performance cars to date. This new Shelby has me up at night. I really like the looks, sound and the fact that I can get it in a manual transmission. I want to get the max performance suspension and I passed on the R because I won’t track it and bend enough rims on my DD.  I also prefer a power seat , a back seat , creature comforts like sync, nav, top tier radio, blootooth and AC.  Yes I’m old :)  

Totally shocked at how bad the build tool is on the Ford site. Called Ford and was told to visit dealer. Went to dealer they don’t know squat about the car.  Would also like a white with a silver or lite gray stripe.  Don’t think that’s possible unless I paint it after the fact  

Are the black wheels the only option ?  It is because these brakes dust like crazy.  

anyone have a build sheet so I can decide what I want and need ? 

Thanks, looking forward getting a Shelby and participating on the forums. 

16 hours ago, Jsf721 said:

Been an car guy my whole life. Mostly Japanese and German high performance cars to date. This new Shelby has me up at night. I really like the looks, sound and the fact that I can get it in a manual transmission. I want to get the max performance suspension and I passed on the R because I won’t track it and bend enough rims on my DD.  I also prefer a power seat , a back seat , creature comforts like sync, nav, top tier radio, blootooth and AC.  Yes I’m old :)  

Totally shocked at how bad the build tool is on the Ford site. Called Ford and was told to visit dealer. Went to dealer they don’t know squat about the car.  Would also like a white with a silver or lite gray stripe.  Don’t think that’s possible unless I paint it after the fact  

Are the black wheels the only option ?  It is because these brakes dust like crazy.  

anyone have a build sheet so I can decide what I want and need ? 

Thanks, looking forward getting a Shelby and participating on the forums. 

Not sure why you are complaining. The configurator on Ford's website is pretty straightforward. If you are trying to do something special like a spoiler delete then yeah you may need to talk to a dealer who might be able to make that happen. If you are trying to get a special stripe color then you are probably going to have to order it with a stripe delete and then make arrangements with a dealer or body shop. Some dealers are better than others, so if you didn't like the lack of knowledge, then  try a different dealer in your area. If you post what town or state you are in then somebody on here may be able to give you the name of a good dealer that is Shelby knowledgeable.