TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guest markham51

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

that's just speculation, and a lot of hope.  After it comes out it will be interesting to compare the real thing to all the fake news and see if anything was actually right.

Mustang 6G has a pretty good track record of unearthing some “pre-release” news and documents  that have typically been pretty accurate. I am not saying it is real or not, and I am not saying it is accurate or not, but  I don’t think I would lump this info in to the “fake news” or “evil media”  category.

Edited by mhr1961

44 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

without sources, it's all fake news.  If it was legit, then state your sources.  Gotta state your sources for credit in college, that shouldn't have changed.  No sources, no news.

Your president has changed all that today

27 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Fixed it for ya 

Hey Sean,   I got a real kick out of one of your comments on a previous post  about the leaked news concerning the new GT500 and it's hefty weight!!   You said it must of been on "Bon-Bons" ,  after seeing that comment I was laughing my butt off!!!  LOL:lol:        Very funny!        :hysterical:    P.S.   Yes they should reduce the weight of the GT500 if that article is right on the weight, and bring it more in line at the mid-30s or so, otherwise they might nickname it "Porker"!    LOL      I'm just kidding, guys, just a little humor!   :)   

Later!

"MONGOOSE"              :peelout: 

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Sean,   I got a real kick out of one of your comments on a previous post  about the leaked news concerning the new GT500 and it's hefty weight!!   You said it must of been on "Bon-Bons" ,  after seeing that comment I was laughing my butt off!!!  LOL:lol:        Very funny!        :hysterical:    P.S.   Yes they should reduce the weight of the GT500 if that article is right on the weight, and bring it more in line at the mid-30s or so, otherwise they might nickname it "Porker"!    LOL      I'm just kidding, guys, just a little humor!   :)   

Later!

"MONGOOSE"              :peelout: 

Lol glad you caught and liked that Goose! 4200lbs is a porker of a car but the hellcat and demon still have the king of the bonbon title by 200 and 100 pounds over the leaked conjectured GT500 weight. 

4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

without sources, it's all fake news.  If it was legit, then state your sources.  Gotta state your sources for credit in college, that shouldn't have changed.  No sources, no news.

I was stating my source. I said that typically mustang6g has had a pretty consistent track record for being accurate. They take their mustang news seriously and are not prone to publishing BS.  If you had read my post correctly I did not say it was real or accurate but that I wouldn’t be so quick just to just lump it in to “fake news” or “evil media” like you did because doing so is categorically dismissive, especially when mustang6g has had a good track record of breaking accurate news. I am not saying they are correct here but they are much more reliable than a number of other “news “ sources and automobile mags that just post click bait BS articles.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, mhr1961 said:

I was stating my source. I said that typically mustang6g has had a pretty consistent track record for being accurate. They take their mustang news seriously and are not prone to publishing BS.  If you had read my post correctly I did not say it was real or accurate but that I wouldn’t be so quick just to just lump it in to “fake news” or “evil media” like you did because doing so is categorically dismissive, especially when mustang6g has had a good track record of breaking accurate news. I am not saying they are correct here but they are much more reliable than a number of other “news “ sources and automobile mags that just post click bait BS articles.

M6g.com wasn't the source tho, they were the ones promoting the fake news.  If that "leaked" info is correct, then where did the leak come from?  That's the source.  Unnamed sources is how the fake media posts opinions and claims them as fact.  So, until the person who gave m6g.com that info comes forward and proves where he/she/it got it from, it's bogus.

7 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

This would be odd..... but it does say “rumor”. 

https://www.motor1.com/news/264364/mustang-gt500-no-manual-transmission/amp/

I hope it is a rumor...when it comes to daily drivers give me an auto trans but muscle cars and sports cars I want the manual...I know

those autos today are faster than manuals but I still want that shifting myself.

Hey Chris and Keefer,  for a real seat of the pants feel of a car and what it can really do for ya in the fun factor, you have to go balls out with a stick to really experience it!!!!    :thumbsup:   But I'll take a Auto for heavy daily traffic in congested areas.     J.M.O.     I too, hope it is just a rumor!  :shrug:

Later!  

"MONGOOSE"           :peelout:

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris and Keefer,  for a real seat of the pants feel of a car and what it can really do for ya in the fun factor, you have to go balls out with a stick to really experience it!!!!    :thumbsup:   But I'll take a Auto for heavy daily traffic in congested areas.     J.M.O.     I too, hope it is just a rumor!  :shrug:

Later!  

"MONGOOSE"           :peelout:

Agree totally Goose!!……..:peelout:

• 1 month later...

Hey Chris,  that's still a fairly large grille opening on the GT500, it still looks a little (Fishy) too me!!!  LOL   :shrug:     Now the pic of the R model is looking pretty tough with all those louvers and scoops on it!    I guess we'll all have to wait and see for sure!:thumbsup:

Later Buddy!                 "GOOSE"        :peelout:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ford dropped this teaser on their Ford Performance Facebook page a couple of days ago. Released ahead of the upcoming Auto Show. For those crying fake news............:)............its from Ford Performance's  Facebook page........that's my source, I make no claims as to its accuracy.

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by mhr1961

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...