TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guest markham51

Hey Chris, on your previous post you mentioned a roll bar!  Are you thinking that Ford would offer that as a option?   Because if this new GT500 is suppose to be available to the general public when it comes out, I don't think Ford would install that in all their GT500s!  P.S.  I"m in the guessing game too!!!!!  LOL  :lol::lol:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, on your previous post you mentioned a roll bar!  Are you thinking that Ford would offer that as a option?   Because if this new GT500 is suppose to be available to the general public when it comes out, I don't think Ford would install that in all their GT500s!  P.S.  I"m in the guessing game too!!!!!  LOL  :lol::lol:

I'm just thinking outloud.....I wouldn't guess the car would come with a roll bar at all.  Just thinking it's one of those Easter Eggs the manuf.'s seem to be using these days...to tease that the new 500 might be a sub-10 second car. Don't they require roll bars at the drags if your car does less than a 10 second 1/4? 

Edit :shrug:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Hey, Chris:  I haven't drag raced a car at the track for quite a few years so I'm not really up on the current rules.   You're probably right on the less than 10 second 1/4 mile for the roll bar.  If the new GT500 came with lets say 875H.P. or more I would think it could be quite capable of reaching a sub - 10 second 1/4 mile!   I know that the Dodge Demon is out-lawed at the Drag strips because it's too fast and that's at it's current horse-power of 840 H.P.  Back in the days when I Drag Raced "legally" on the track at Broadway Bob's Dragway in Union Grove all that was required was a seatbelt and a helmet, and of course a good car too!  LOL :lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

On 5/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, BIKEBOY said:

I'm just thinking outloud.....I wouldn't guess the car would come with a roll bar at all.  Just thinking it's one of those Easter Eggs the manuf.'s seem to be using these days...to tease that the new 500 might be a sub-10 second car. Don't they require roll bars at the drags if your car does less than a 10 second 1/4? 

Edit :shrug:

Yes they do . Just think the 67`, .68 Shelby all have a so called roll bar .

Edited by shelby001

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks!!...Hope so I'm very interested in this car...it all depends on the front end look to me.

The GT350 was extended for another model year, and while the GT500 was mentioned no formal announcements were made.  Most likely it will be a late 2019 car as a MY 2020.  Two factory transitions have to happen and the union rampup for those always precedes actual deliveries:  first is the actual GT350 line for the transition to the GT500.  Second is the Romeo engine plant for the transition from the FPC to the 5.2 Coyote.  Neither has been mentioned. 

43 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

The GT350 was extended for another model year, and while the GT500 was mentioned no formal announcements were made.  Most likely it will be a late 2019 car as a MY 2020.  Two factory transitions have to happen and the union rampup for those always precedes actual deliveries:  first is the actual GT350 line for the transition to the GT500.  Second is the Romeo engine plant for the transition from the FPC to the 5.2 Coyote.  Neither has been mentioned. 

Great info thanks...sure hope you're off on the 2020 can't wait that long...I was hoping for a fall 2018 release as a 2019 GT500 but if you're right

it'll be some time yet before Ford releases this car....I'm holding off buying a Hellcat as a 700hp+ GT500 excites me but like I say not that long!!...:drop:

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

How the H*** do you see leather Recaros in that photo, Mike???

:headscratch:

Hey Chris, Mike must have "Eagle Eyes" just like you!!!!!   LOL  :hysterical:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, Mike must have "Eagle Eyes" just like you!!!!!   LOL  :hysterical:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

:lol:  

I don’t see it, Goose..... I really don’t. 

16 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Yes they do . Just think the 67`, .68 Shelby all have a so called roll bar .

That’s true Jim.... :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Sounds reasonable.....

On 5/11/2018 at 7:16 PM, BIKEBOY said:

How the H*** do you see leather Recaros in that photo, Mike???

:headscratch:

See the red stitching also. I have the unique ability to see though glass. :dance:

Mark, I enlarged the photo a bit......look on the ground near the left front tire. Is that an autograph in the picture? Doesn’t look like it’s laying on  the concrete.....

Hmmmmm.... the article says this is a media picture supplied by FOMOCO. 

Usually those little signed shots are concepts? 

The rear spoiler appears to be a taller “flow thru” style like that of the 350R, from that above shot.

1CB11FCA-C648-4518-93C3-32FDA1254359.jpeg

Edited by BIKEBOY

Guest markham51
11 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Mark, I enlarged the photo a bit......look on the ground near the left front tire. Is that an autograph in the picture? Doesn’t look like it’s laying on  the concrete.....

The rear spoiler appears to be a taller “flow thru” style like that of the 350R, from that above shot.

Definitely looks like flow thru rear spoiler.  I have no idea if that is an autograph in pic but seems like a strage place to put it.

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Certain ways you look at that it almost looks like the Word SHELBY.