TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Signed airbag cover value?

Wanted to get some opinions on the value of a signed airbag cover that's in my 2007 GT-H. I installed it in the car when I first bought it and now that I am getting ready to sell the car I'm trying to figure out whether I should sell the cover independently. The car has 55,000 miles on it, so being a higher mileage car my thought is that the signed airbag cover will bring more if sold separately. I have seen them offered on Ebay for $2500, which seems like a pure fantasy number so I was hoping some of you would share your thoughts before I list the car. The car is 07H-333 and it will be in the classified here as well as Ebay once I figure out everything. Thanks in advance for your feedback, I'm expecting to list the car in the low 30s. Thanks again, it's a great group of owners here and it's my hope to stay in the Shelby stable once I figure out what the next purchase will be! 

FWIW I bought one a little over a year ago for my SGT. l paid  1300   more than l wanted to pay but my car has the carbon fiber dash and is  harder to find. This was the only CF signed dash l found in 3 yrs of searching. I found another(silver) at the same time for 1100.Both had certificates,hope this helps.If l recall correctly another one  sold on ebay at the same time for 1100 .

Edited by 99-9x

56 minutes ago, jmn444 said:

I have one I removed before selling my car...  I wouldn't take any less than $1500 for it...  haven't actively tried to sell it though so no clue what market really is.

When did you sell ? and that makes me wonder what my signed hood scoop is worth ?

Hope you are doing well

Andrew

1 hour ago, jmn444 said:

I sold it about 3 years ago....  mid divorce...  the replacement a year after that was a '14 track pack, the 5.0 coyote is pretty sweet but i miss the whipple whine!

Still got yours?

Still have it and added a Paxton been trying to do 1/2 mile events with it...wannagofast.com

Hope the divorce was a good thing for you and not too painful,  my brother in law is going through a divorce and his sister said "I am sorry" he said don't be sorry i am the happiest i have been in 15 years !!!!

I had 2, one for a GT and one for the 11-14 GT350. Got tired of them just sitting, doing nothing but being in a box. Decided someone should get some enjoyment out of them. The GT went to a TS member and is referenced above. The GT350 was offered but no takers at the time so it went the ebay way. These were about a year ago. It seems that the $1100 - 1300 price range is the sweet spot right now for air bag covers.

5 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

Hope the divorce was a good thing for you and not too painful,  my brother in law is going through a divorce and his sister said "I am sorry" he said don't be sorry i am the happiest i have been in 15 years !!!!

Laughing

20 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

Still have it and added a Paxton been trying to do 1/2 mile events with it...wannagofast.com

HAHAHA!  definitely a good thing...  15 years was long enough for me as well lol