TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Final GT500 production numbers Covert/Coupe

ok I just got these numbers from a friend ,very high up in ford. These will be the numbers release to all.(I can guarantee you these will be the exact ones)

If you want believe them.

If not that's ok too.

But I am positive these numbers are exact!

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

Shelby Convertible was 2,702

total=10,864

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok I just got these numbers from a friend ,very high up in ford. These will be the numbers release to all.(I can guarantee you these will be the exact ones)

If not that's ok too.

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

total=10,864

OK I believe you

which one was mine?

If not that's ok too.

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

total=10,864

BlackShelby - thank you for posting. This if very interesting to say the least.

HSURB

If not that's ok too.

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

total=10,864

Thanks for the info, I figured just over 10k, ok so 864 over 10k thats close enough for me.

OK I believe you

which one was mine?

The slowest! :hysterical2: RED is FASTEST!happy%20feet.gif

If not that's ok too.

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

total=10,864

That's interesting... This would mean less than 20,000 for a 2 year run, granted that the rumored 8,000 GT500s for '08 are accurate and that there are no GT500s for '09. That would be exclusive enough IMHO.

That's interesting... This would mean less than 20,000 for a 2 year run, granted that the rumored 8,000 GT500s for '08 are accurate and that there are no GT500s for '09. That would be exclusive enough IMHO.

Considering they make an average of over 30,000 Vettes each and every year(over 40k this year) - I'd say "exclusivity" is the word of the day for the GT500.

Of course, you could say that's for ALL Vettes and that there's only 6-8000 Z06s made each year - and you'd be right. But don't forget - we have 4 seats and we can buy more groceries faster than anyone!

If not that's ok too.

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

total=10,864

Very good but don't stop there. :redcard: How about numbers by color break down????? :waiting:

Guys I heard that the ink has already dried on production for 2009. It will happen. Btw almost 11k is more than what ford had orginally predicted remember.

Is the 2009 in the new body style?

Thought the ShelbyGt500 was only a 2 year run. Is ford DEFINITLY doing a 3 year run of the GT500 ?

Guys I heard that the ink has already dried on production for 2009. It will happen. Btw almost 11k is more than what ford had orginally predicted remember.

Mach1,

Yeah, you're right, but it 2,000 less than others with "inside info" were quoting... All in all, not bad.

Stuart

Thanks for the info, I figured just over 10k, ok so 864 over 10k thats close enough for me.

The slowest! :hysterical2: RED is FASTEST!happy%20feet.gif

Left myself wide open for that one apple boy

That one over there is yours. :hysterical2:

Oh, there it is thanks

Mach1,

Yeah, you're right, but it 2,000 less than others with "inside info" were quoting... All in all, not bad.

Stuart

It will be interesting to see WHICH reliable source is correct with all the different numbers being giving out.

Son-of-GT's reliable source saif 12,775

This source says 10,864

When I just talked to SVT on Monday they told me they didn't have the numbers yet and would not have them until August. They said they were in the middle of working on that now. They said it was a complicated task because they have to pull all the vins out for the GT500 and then figure out what each build number is from that. I asked if they at least had a total number built and they said not yet.

So according to SVT who is doing the count and build numbers on these, they said they didn't have any totals yet. Yet other sources claim to know the numbers before SVT has even completed an actual count!

So either SVT was just not releasing it yet and they did know, or someone is in the know before SVT has completed the count! If that was the case then why does SVT need to do a count if someone else already knows the actual numbers????

It will be interesting to see WHICH reliable source is correct with all the different numbers being giving out.

Son-of-GT's reliable source saif 12,775

This source says 10,864

When I just talked to SVT on Monday they told me they didn't have the numbers yet and would not have them until August. They said they were in the middle of working on that now. They said it was a complicated task because they have to pull all the vins out for the GT500 and then figure out what each build number is from that. I asked if they at least had a total number built and they said not yet.

So according to SVT who is doing the count and build numbers on these, they said they didn't have any totals yet. Yet other sources claim to know the numbers before SVT has even completed an actual count!

So either SVT was just not releasing it yet and they did know, or someone is in the know before SVT has completed the count! If that was the case then why does SVT need to do a count if someone else already knows the actual numbers????

;) I agree...

AHH with so many rumors and inside supposed spy's and friends of a friend and who said whats and who knows who... we might as well wait for the press release. :redcard: We go on conjecture time and time again. :banghead: Every thread claims to know. I agree with Shelbydude in that the numbers are not counted of official yet. :rant: I think they made more than we think to take advantage of a first year market. :doh: I also think 2009 will NOT happen, no reason with so many other Mustang project surfacing. The GT500 will be old hat after 2008.

All we really need is ONE reliable person, or we wait and hear it with the rest of the world. But until then, still a crap shoot and just a bunch of hear say. :banghead:

Archived