TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The First 2008 Shelby Gt500 Vert

scs1

you no this pissy me off i was allways told the retail deal's were build first and them the dealer car's

Retail was hi priority first but Hi priority is Ebay First i guest .No need to order you can just buy it on Ebay faster

Well it's pretty interesting that in a week from the start of production it's already on the lot.

scs1, Not to say that there are unethical dealers out there, :hysterical2: but if they put it in the order banks as a sold unit and it wasn't sold they just wanted it faster, that would explain your thoughts.

Yes Joker45 Ford is just as unethical as the dealers is there any dealer that isn't unethical geeeeeeeeeee i send this to ford today and asked them why can 't i even get a build date and there on ebay all ready it easyer to buy from ebay then is from the dealer this is the Dealer BS This is the only Start of this ebay shi-- there be more in the next week you will see

you no this pissy me off i was allways told the retail deal's were build first and them the dealer car's

Retail was hi priority first but Hi priority is Ebay First i guest .No need to order you can just buy it on Ebay faster

If you have a sold retail order at a particular dealership where that dealer has allocation for more than one car then they will pull the sold order first ASSUMING the sold order does not have a particular option on it that has a commodity hold or something.

For example, YOUR dealer has allocation for ONE GT500 to be scheduled this week, and they have TWO that ordered. One is sold and one is stock. They will pull and schedule the sold unit. But lets say the sold unit ordered the shaker 1000 for example. And the shaker 1000 has a shortage where Ford can not supply that option at this time. Then YOUR order will remain on material hold and the stock order would get pulled instead.

But if ABC dealer has a sold unit ordered and XYZ dealer has a stock unit ordered, XYZ dealer may get their car scheduled before ABC dealer does because XYZ dealer's allocation is available before ABC dealer's allocation is.

So it doesn't go by what units are sold, it goes by what dealer has allocation available that particular week. The only way the sold unit is pulled first is IF your dealer has allocation for that week and your dealer has more than one in the order bank where Ford would pull the sold unit over the stock unit from what YOUR dealer has in the order bank.

There are LOTS of sold units that are ordered and that sit in the order banks that FORD will NEVER build it! The dealer MUST have allocation to get the car. Otherwise it does not matter if it is sold or not. No allocation, no car, period!

Well my dealer sold 2 last year and i am the first order he as for this year and the as a #2 order sold and that all he as sold at this point and he said he don't think he is getting anymore then 2 at the best this year if he can get more he will let me no because he will sell it at MSRP like he did me

GT500FLYBOY

QUOTE(APPLESREDGT500 @ Jul 4 2007, 11:15 AM)

Nice I wonder how many colors the ambient lighting comes in? This color looks like it will be the only stock color that will come with BLACK stripes.

What is ambient lighting? Just the cup holder thingy?

It is cup holder and under dash ambient lighting, show flood the interior with dozens of color options.

+1

An ebay auction on a new for 2008 color that did not close with bidders registered less than one day in indicative of current pricing? :)

$5k over for current stock 07's and $5k over ordered as you prefer 08's *are* the norm. It doesn't take much work at all.

An ebay auction on a new for 2008 color that did not close with bidders registered less than one day in indicative of current pricing? :)

$5k over for current stock 07's and $5k over ordered as you prefer 08's *are* the norm. It doesn't take much work at all.

There was 21 bids from 8 different bidders. 4 of the bidders all had made bids in the $10K - $12.5K over range indicatiing there are buyers willing to pay at least that much to get one.

I'm sorry, but $5K over deals have been the lowest, not the norm. That would be like saying $20K over is the norm because a few people are still buying for that.

The people you see here from this site hardly represent the norm. They are the far, few and inbetween that have been waiting, searching and contacting many dealers trying to find deals at $5K over. Many are still looking to find them. Otherwise they would all have bought one already if that were the norm.

The norm is the average which still appears to be in the $10K - $15K over range.

Wait until Oct - Feb. Then you might see $5K being the norm during that time period. Unless Ford officially announces they will build it for 09 again. Then the bottom will fall out and I would think MSRP would become the norm. If there are still a 1000 07's sitting around next month then you might even see $5K being the norm on those. But it ain't here yet.

Archived