TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2018 Super Snake Wide body

Getting the process started of building a 2018 SS Wide Body.  Wondering if anyone else is out there with one in the works. I understand they have several others in line. Hopefully, get the base 2018 car ordered next week. Just would like to see what others are thinking or how they are optioning theirs out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did not opt for the wide body, but mine is a 2019, ship date to Shelby in Vegas is set for 8/9 with a estimated late October delivery as well.  I was told it may be a Halloween car.  I plan to visit when the car is there being built.

Cool man. I hope we see them in October but I'm not sure. They have yet to even start on mine. Yours may go quicker as I understand the wide bodies take quite a bit more time! What color combo did you go with??

Edited by Toddlaing12

I heard the same thing on the wide body due to the body parts.  I went with the Kona Blue with Painted Platinum White stripes.  I was trying to get an 18 Crimson Red but no dealer would let it go for the price I was willing to pay.  So went with the Kona Blue for a 2019.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BWenson said:

I have a 2018 Wide Body in the building process.  Mine is the first 2018.  The quarter panels are on so far but not blended.

Nice! Lucky man. Are they giving you any time frame for completion? What color combo did you go with? If they have started on yours mine can be tooooooo far behind!

Edited by Toddlaing12

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is in paint and still has to go through mechanical.  I am heading to Vegas Thursday to check it out.  I was at the Dearborn Invasion.  That was really a very cool experience.  Magnetic Metallic with Lightning Blue stripes.  Should be quite sweet looking when done.

5 hours ago, BWenson said:

Mine is in paint and still has to go through mechanical.  I am heading to Vegas Thursday to check it out.  I was at the Dearborn Invasion.  That was really a very cool experience.  Magnetic Metallic with Lightning Blue stripes.  Should be quite sweet looking when done.

I almost did that exact same color combination. Cant wait to see that. Please post up some pics when you can!! Spoke with them today found out mine is almost done with mechanical awaiting the wide body conversion to start. Still sounds like it is a ways out. How long was your car in body??

Edited by Toddlaing12

I am thinking mine might not be a good barometer since mine was the first.  However, to answer your question it went into wide body the second week of June and came out last second week of August.  What color scheme is yours?  Where do you live?

6.jpeg

10.JPG

Mine is Race Red/Silver stripes polished wheels. My son insisted on Red. I live in Mena Arkansas.  I'm hearing that the body work takes a long time. I guess the anticipation is half the fun. Your car is going to be gorgeous!! Did you go black or polished wheels?

Edited by Toddlaing12

HI Toddlaing12,

You had ask a couple questions in the other and thought I would answer here instead of hijacking the OP thread.  

I had met with a SA rep in April at FFF then was put in contact with my regional rep.  We found a dealer that the rep has worked with before local to me, and I am working directly with the owner of a local dealership.  I was sent an recommended order form that SA recommended and then I modified the build from there. 

I talked to the rep today, and he informed me the donor car arrived last Friday and will be going to paint.  Since I am not doing the wide body (personal preference), I get a build schedule later today or tomorrow.  He told me that they are still working on the 2018 and I have one of the first 2019 builds.

I plan to make two trips out to SA, one during the build process and one for a "winners circle delivery".  I have not heard of this before and the SA rep told me about it today.  I am not sure if this is something new or not.  Have you heard of this?

Please post up some pics once you have them.  

@BWenson - Looks like you are going to have a good build as well.  Can't wait to see it!

Yetitime I have seen pics n video of people picking the cars up out side SA headquarters. That would be super cool if you lived close enough to do it! Unfortunately I will have to have mine shipped to my OKC dealer then put on another truck and brought to me. Pains of living in the sticks! I to love seeing everyone's builds so keep the pictures coming and I'll do the same. I'm suppose to be getting some any time now! 

Edited by Toddlaing12

• 1 month later...

I can provide a minor update.  I was contacted that my car is off the lift and ready for SC install and paint.  I went down to my local SA authorized dealer last Friday and finalized the deal and purchased the car.  Received an email yesterday to updated status, should have the car done by week of 10/29 at the latest.  I will post up some pics when I fly out to take delivery.  A bit weird buying sight unseen.

Good news! Very exciting. Keep us posted! Would love to see some pics. And yes it's very weird to put that much money on a car you have never seen/driven. Wife still thinks I'm crazy!! Hopefully all will be rewarded in the end. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!'

• 1 month later...

Update received this morning.  Mine is done, waiting for tune installation.  I was told they are VIN specific from whipple.  I am just now waiting for the update to book my flight out, currently planning to take delivery on 12/3 if everything goes to plan.  Here is a pic of mine on lift #6 a couple weeks ago.

IMG_3985.JPG

• 4 weeks later...