TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th of July spectacular!!!!!!!!!

chuckstang

Hey guys, what drill bit and all or what do I need to use to get the holes drilled properly on the back of the car to mount my plate?

I have been driving with 0 plates, and that cant be a good idea hahaha

:hysterical2: Zip ties and duct tape !!

Just kidding, congrates on getting your car. Enjoy the new ride.

Do I need a dealer to drill the holes, or any ol drill bit will do?

This is something I certainly don't want to mess up! :D

Line up the plate in back and use some self tapping screws, to hold the plate in, if you drill them you may get to big of a hole.

Do I need a dealer to drill the holes, or any ol drill bit will do?

This is something I certainly don't want to mess up! :D

Wish I would have read this yesterday. I put masking tape on the pilot holes, then drilled out the holes with a regular 1/8 bit, then moved to a 1/4" bit. I think I stopped there, but I may have moved up to a 5/16" to finish the job. Removed the masking tape and found clean holes with no cracking. Attached frame!

Congrats on the ride! Nice choice. Now go clean her up and posts some daylight photos. :)

Wish I would have read this yesterday. I put masking tape on the pilot holes, then drilled out the holes with a regular 1/8 bit, then moved to a 1/4" bit. I think I stopped there, but I may have moved up to a 5/16" to finish the job. Removed the masking tape and found clean holes with no cracking. Attached frame!

Congrats on the ride! Nice choice. Now go clean her up and posts some daylight photos. :)

I remember reading you bought your car from a PA dealer. PA only issues 1 plate.

On 06/29/2007 my wife became the proud parent of a GT500 Torch coat red coupe with white stripes. I am amazed but when I watch my wife drive this thing it makes her look 10 years younger and pretty hot!!! Tha amazing thing is, she is starting to love the car!! Life is so good!

The driver called me late last night to tell me he plans on having my car delivered late today!!!!!!!!

What a perfect day, 4th of July, Shelby Mustangs, ahhhhhhhhh too good to be true!

Ill report back with the usual if this pans out like he said!

Im pumped :headspin:

Good luck chuck,enjoy,glad to hear your wait is over.

Larry

No great pix yet I know but I am just not satisfied with the paint yet, came with some scratches and I waxed it with turtle wax ice without clay baring and now I have been advised to start over, this time clay bar first to not lock in any rail dust from transit.

The scratches can be described as what I call wear marks on the paint. Almost like there was constant contact there. The worst is on the driver side door near the door handle, go figure, the most used area on the car, and on the front and back bumpers, once again, highly prone to rubbing.

Sucks to get a new car and have to spend so much time detailing but I want it right and chose to not have the dealership detail the car! At least it did not come with swirl marks!

Thanks!

My car has just about 500 miles now and seems pretty well broken in, not much clutch chatter now, really easy to drive and I love it!

I can go full throttle in 1st without spinning the tires or hopping, is this normal for stock?

I would have thought going wot in 1st with a 500hp car would mean spinning the tires or hopping but surprisingly it just rips down the road? I feather it off the line then once rolling, mash it to the floor!

Archived