TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th of July spectacular!!!!!!!!!

chuckstang

The driver called me late last night to tell me he plans on having my car delivered late today!!!!!!!!

What a perfect day, 4th of July, Shelby Mustangs, ahhhhhhhhh too good to be true!

Ill report back with the usual if this pans out like he said!

Im pumped :headspin:

The driver called me late last night to tell me he plans on having my car delivered late today!!!!!!!!

What a perfect day, 4th of July, Shelby Mustangs, ahhhhhhhhh too good to be true!

Congratulations! It’s been a very arduous journey for you and the Shelby! Enjoy…

..glad its finally working out for you. Have a blast!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

You know, if you were to head out now you could meet him half way and have it in half that time! :hysterical:

Funny you say that, because I am driving about 45 min from my house to meet him sooner before dark! ahhaah

Congratulations Chuck!

Glad that your wait is finally over. It's 7:45 as I'm writing this, so I guess you are currently having a blast with your new Shelby!

Don't forget to post some pics!

Wow, what a long night!

First let me set the scene here, its just about 8PM and its already getting dark, it starts to rain, and gets harder. I am behind a huge shopping mall in the parking lot standing there as the driver un chains my GT500. Rent a cops come running, I saw them follow us back there. They give us some shit and finally let us alone. Now the driver gets back to business as my video camera is running, I see him get in it and fire her up! My mother, sister, girl friend, grand mother all here watching anxiously as I have a huge shit eating grin on my face. Import cars somehow smell the fresh meat and come sworming in from all angles, doing their ricer drive bye's as if I am going to be impressed. Then the car backs out onto the lowering ramp where it is lowered, looking like Darth Vadar as he rises up :D

Now, he backs it off without a mark! We are all blown away by how sweet it looks and sounds.

Now for the good stuff, I get in it, not knowing wtf I am doing, trying to get the headligts working was even a chore, I could not get the dam fog lights on for the life of me and with the pouring rain I wanted to see the dam road. Finally I am buckled in a ready for the ride home.

STALL hahaha of course getting out of first took some time but now I have down pat and it only took about 25 miles lol

The hiss is very cool, hearing the clutch that is. Now my initial thoughts as I got on the highway were, WTF this car sucks. No joke I was worried, I heard every bump and the car seemed to wander and felt lose, no boost of course. It was not until I got off the highway for gas and then when I pulled out of there with about 20 miles on the ticker, the whole car felt different, the chassis came alive, the boost was on and screaming, the shifter and clutch were silky smooth!!!! IT WAS ALIVE and felt great!

Now I did have to dodge some drunks on the road, no joke, I was scared but it is home safe in the garage with 25 miles on her :D

Pics to come after I clean it, probably not until Sat which is when the rain is suppose to stop.

Sorry this is not a very conclusive opinion of the car but I just thought it was interesting to note that the whole car changed instantly at about 20 miles or so, for me anyway

Good night and happy 4th to all. What a car, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Congrats on finally get her home!

When you turn the lights on just pull that knob out towards you and that turns the fog lights on.

What do you mean when you pulled off to get gas????

You mean the tank wasn't full???? They are suppose to fill it!

Can't wait to see the pics!

How about the video you took? Can you upload that?

haha, nope they left the tank on E like it came from the factory :(

Wow did the car felt completely different once the boost came on :D

I do not have the right hook ups on my comp to upload vids from my camera but Ill try and find a friend with the right hook ups, I have some pics though of course!

It is really awsome, my only complaints are the headrests shoot too far forward, the side mirrors really are huge, and the fact that my car did not come with a front plate bracket??????

Also, anyone know where you can get a shorter antenna?? I wasn't planning on using the stock front plate bracket anyone, if I have to Ill get the one that does not drill into your bumper, although I am a bit worried about blocking airflow because boy does engine give off a ton of heat!

Blow off the front plate, it really destroys the look of the car. Some of the guys on this forum said they would take a ticket before plastering a ugly plate on a awesome looking car. As of today no one has mentioned getting a ticket yet.

haha, nope they left the tank on E like it came from the factory :(

Wow did the car felt completely different once the boost came on :D

I do not have the right hook ups on my comp to upload vids from my camera but Ill try and find a friend with the right hook ups, I have some pics though of course!

It is really awsome, my only complaints are the headrests shoot too far forward, the side mirrors really are huge, and the fact that my car did not come with a front plate bracket??????

Also, anyone know where you can get a shorter antenna?? I wasn't planning on using the stock front plate bracket anyone, if I have to Ill get the one that does not drill into your bumper, although I am a bit worried about blocking airflow because boy does engine give off a ton of heat!

If the State you bought the car from does not require a front plate then it wouldn't come with a front bracket. It is a no charge option but only order from dealers in States that require a front plate.

If it did come with a front bracket it should be in the trunk.

Anyone know how the antenna goes on? Both sides are male ends so there is nothing to screw into?

Also, does anyone else feel a slight dead spot just left of center in the steering? Im not overly impressed with the feedback through the wheel and the turning radius. I drive a Mazda 6 for a DD and expected the steering to feel more tight like that car, oh well.

Today I got on it a bit in 2nd and into 3rd, well 80mph comes very fast! The tires barked going into 3rd shifting at about 5k since I am still breaking her in he he he he

I lovet this car, I just don't wana get outa of but like all Mustangs I guess, there are things I can not stand, like the dam headrests that keep my head in my lap hahaha

Thanks to everyone here!

I am looking at this car very critically, but do wish the steering was more responsive, less vauge. I hear that lowering the car, and other like mods will make the handling come alive :)

Oh and the power, I think there is plenty, for now anyway! Anyway I am just rambling because I am too excited to sleep :)

congrats! have fun learning how to control, drive the beast. they have so much power right out of the box, get up to triple digits in nothing flat :) i agree on the headrests, they do sux. especially for girls when we put our hair in a pony tail to keep it out of our faces. wish they would come up with some other design but it is a national trans. safety issue supposedly to help with whiplash :(

+100 :drool:

Love the look of black. Looks angry! :snake:

I know its been a long ride for you, so enjoy it! Just be careful, thats alot of power to play with!

+1000!!!! Congrats, Chuck!!!! Your long wait is over! :)

Oh, by the way, I'm only right down the road...I may need to borrow it for a few weeks...to...get......groceries! Yeah, groceries! :hysterical:

Congrats again! :happy feet: Have fun & be safe!!!

Chris

Archived