TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW CSX6XXX OWNER

DLG

I'm the new owner of a brand new CSX6XXX Cobra with Shelby Engine Co. 511 c.i. engine with Borla 8 stack injection.  I'm looking for any owner and maintenance type manuals, especially for the chassis.  Does anyone know of helpful info.?

None that I know of -- the last I knew there is no service documentation supplied with the vehicle.  You could try contacting Shelby American directly to see if anything is available after-the-fact but I think you'll find the answer is no.  I tried to find info on mine when I bought it but there was essentially no info from Shelby. 

On the other hand your builder may have compiled some basic info, so an inquiry there might prove useful.   This assumes you used one of the Cobra-centric builders for your engine/trans install (like Hillbank, Olthoff, Becker, etc), so check with that contact.  Note you are totally dependent on that builder for engine info as Shelby American has nothing to do with the engines.  This is especially important for your 8-stack fuel injection system as they are very temperamental and may require several passes to get them running right (my Roush took the better part of a year). 

There is a Cobra focused site at www.clubcobra.com, but before going there be aware that the community is pretty anti-Shelby and some people there will make you think that you are an idiot for buying a Shelby car instead of (almost anything else).   But your question has been asked there many times and the answer is no data. 

Note that this site is predominantly a modern Shelby Mustang oriented site.  There are a few current and former Cobra owners that poke in every once in a while so don't expect a lot of traffic.

Enjoy the car!  Driving the Cobra was the most fun I ever had in public with my clothes on :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you twobjshelbys.  I contacted Hillbank, where I bought the roller and also Shelby Engine Co ( Den Beste) that built and dyno'd the engine.  Apparently no one has any owner or service literature.

• 2 weeks later...