TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snakes on the lake 2018????

timber2417

This year's 9th Annual TSPCR Snakes at the Lake Tahoe cruise, car show and BBQ event is scheduled for Saturday June 30th. 

I usually post the event up on (or about) April 1st here on Team Shelby and a couple of other Forums. Until then, you can enjoy these videos!

On 2/19/2018 at 8:33 PM, JTVUDOO said:

I’d like this, I live in the foothills, what’s it called?.  Already know all the back roads up here. 

Depending where you live several of us meet at Cars and Coffee Folsom and wait for the line to go by and jump in, you are welcome to join us.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SCOTT MITCHELL said:

Saturday the 30th of June starts the 4th of July holiday week at Lake Tahoe. Very crowded and very expensive....

Maybe the weekend before is a better idea

Scott,

I see this is your 1st post. Welcome to Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region!

Due to unforeseen issues this year, we're locked in for Saturday June 30th. 

Tahoe is usually crowded from Memorial Day on, so a one week delay for SATL-9 really shouldn't make much of a difference.

Some attendees will spend the week on vacation and they are looking forward to the various firework shows around the lake on the 4th.     

Best,

Jim

Are the  "Snakes on the Lake" yearly events limited toTeam Shelby members only or can a TS Member invite a friend who has an ordinary  '66 Mustang Hardtop to come along?  I know there are a limited number of  spaces to attend.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:25 AM, H0050 said:

Hello Jim

I will not be making the run, however, I do plan to spend Friday night on the Delta Queen and see everyone off to Tahoe before I head to the LDP lake.  See you Saturday morning.

Harald,

We'll see you (and Glenda) at Steamers for a hot coffee!

Maybe you can help me with pointing new SATL-9 attendees in the right direction for registration...

Best,

Jim

On 4/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, nascarbilly said:

Are the  "Snakes on the Lake" yearly events limited toTeam Shelby members only or can a TS Member invite a friend who has an ordinary  '66 Mustang Hardtop to come along?  I know there are a limited number of  spaces to attend.

nascarbilly,

SATL-9 is open to all Snakes & Ponies, and any Blue Oval powered performance machine (Cobra, FGT, Raptor, - even a SHO), so a 66 Mustang qualifies.

Best,

Jim

On 4/14/2018 at 3:33 PM, nascarbilly said:

Roger that and many thx.  Is it for sure that the date is June 30th. 

nascarbilly

4 hours ago, Ghoust said:

Yes. I would like to see an official invite as well. I want to book my room for the night.

Snakes at the Lake 2018 is scheduled for Saturday June 30th! 

Please make reservations if you are staying the night in Tahoe.

I hope to post the event here on Team Shelby later this week and most of you will receive an email notification.

Best,

Jim 

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

There is a Holiday Inn and a Vagabond Inn Executive near 3rd and J streets to the East of Hwy 5 Old Sacramento and an Embassy Suites on the west side of Hwy 5 in Old Sacramento. If you really want to splurge, there is the Delta King on the waterfront in Old Sacramento where you would be staying on an 1860's era permanent docked river boat.  

These are the primary locations where people stay when they come up to Sacramento for a River Cats game which is in West Sacramento, directly across the I Street Bridge.   This might help you with your selection:  https://hotelguides.com/california/raley-field-ca-hotels.html

14 hours ago, nascarbilly said:

Howdy,

There is a Holiday Inn and a Vagabond Inn Executive near 3rd and J streets to the East of Hwy 5 Old Sacramento and an Embassy Suites on the west side of Hwy 5 in Old Sacramento. If you really want to splurge, there is the Delta King on the waterfront in Old Sacramento where you would be staying on an 1860's era permanent docked river boat.  

These are the primary locations where people stay when they come up to Sacramento for a River Cats game which is in West Sacramento, directly across the I Street Bridge.   This might help you with your selection:  https://hotelguides.com/california/raley-field-ca-hotels.html

Thanks for the recommendation Nascarbilly! We made reservations yesterday @ the Vagabond. It looks to be about 10 mins from where everyone meets in Old Town Sacto. 

Yeah, if you are crawling on your hands an knees.  The Vagabond I was talking about is a strong baseball throw from the east side of the northbound I-5 fwy; Old Sacramento is directly on the other side of I-5. 

We were originally (and incorrectly) thinking Snakes on the Lake would be in mid-June so several months ago we accepted an invitation to go to a 50th anniversary celebration on June 30th.

We hope to see you at the next Shelby event; have a great rest of your day.  

6 hours ago, nascarbilly said:

Yeah, if you are crawling on your hands an knees.  The Vagabond I was talking about is a strong baseball throw from the east side of the northbound I-5 fwy; Old Sacramento is directly on the other side of I-5. 

We were originally (and incorrectly) thinking Snakes on the Lake would be in mid-June so several months ago we accepted an invitation to go to a 50th anniversary celebration on June 30th.

We hope to see you at the next Shelby event; have a great rest of your day.  

nascarbilly,

It's too bad you won't be able to join us for SATL-9 on June 30th, but here's the next Team Shelby event in NorCal you might consider.

Best,

Jim

On 4/29/2018 at 8:05 AM, 2fords said:

Has anyone made reservations yet? If so where do most of the group stay in Tahoe?

I will also need some recommendations for a hotel in the Sacramento/ Stockton area for that Friday night.

Thanks

23 hours ago, nascarbilly said:

Howdy,

For those SATL-9 attendees who are looking for lodging in Tahoe following the event on Saturday June 30th, here is a useful link of available facilities...

http://www.tahoesbest.com/hotels_resorts

On 4/30/2018 at 9:15 PM, cobrakidz said:

2 months to go - can't wait for reg to open.......need to take the new Shelby before I sell it, haha.   I seem to bring a different car every year.

I can't wait either... :shift: