TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Hood Scoop

Bishop #0447

On 2/13/2018 at 8:05 PM, BlackSGT said:

Gen-4 new from Shelby is $160 I think, and a better quality fit than the originals. Nice wall art!

If I have correctly understood some of the talk on the forums, we SGT owners can order the revised factory hood scoops straight from Shelby? I am planning on getting my stripes painted on this spring and like most other hood scoops, mine is warped slightly. 

12 hours ago, Shelbygolfpro said:

If I have correctly understood some of the talk on the forums, we SGT owners can order the revised factory hood scoops straight from Shelby? I am planning on getting my stripes painted on this spring and like most other hood scoops, mine is warped slightly. 

That is correct, as long as your SGT is registered in your name. Not sure if its still a prerequisite, but you might have to return your old scoop to replace/purchase the newer/better one. A simple call to Shelby should get you on the correct path. You might have to wait too, depending on demand. They produce to order in small batches. I was the third to order a few years ago and they waited for one more before producing four scoops at once. I suggest getting the new scoop before you paint your stripes, to make sure colors match.

Edited by BlackSGT

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, I have not called yet. I just ordered a new clutch and flywheel and haven't called Shelby yet regarding the scoop. I do plan on it this week to see if they are available and if so, how long the wait is if there is one. I will post on the forums when I talk with them!

I talked with Shelby this week, and the hood scoops are available. Ready to ship out once you have confirmed with Ford Corporate that you own a SGT. They come painted already and also in two different rivet patterns. $170 I believe is what I was told. Will be getting mine in near future and will post some pics!

Shelbygolfpro

Do you have a contact/phone number at Shelby.Did they say you have to return the old scoop.Mine is lifting and starting to warp.Do not want to remove it until l have a new scoop in hand.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

I just called the Shelby number listed on Google, transferred to the shop, selected the right prompt and was very well helped by one of the Shelby employees. (702) 942 - 7325. Just have to get your SGT verified from Ford Corporate, takes about 1-2 days for Shelby to get the confirmation, and then Shelby will bill you and send it out. They were very helpful on the phone. There are two different rivet patterns you can choose depending on how many holes you want in your hood and also made out of new material so there is no more warping! 

Sorry if this has been answered previously but Shelbygolfpros post jogged my memory. The new scoops that are available are coming in two different rivet patterns - of the two options is there a scoop that can be bolted down just like the original with the original holes in the hood? Hopefully the rivet patterns resemble the originals. 

I appreciate any insight! Thanks for all the useful information. 

Shelbygolfpro

Appreciate  the info,going to give them a call and order the scoop.My scoop has 4 bolts that l can see holding it on.Would prefer to have one that bolts to the original pattern.

Thanks again

Dave

On 3/21/2018 at 1:06 PM, 99-9x said:

Shelbygolfpro

Appreciate  the info,going to give them a call and order the scoop.My scoop has 4 bolts that l can see holding it on.Would prefer to have one that bolts to the original pattern.

Thanks again

Dave

All first run, had the 4 bolts and rear screw. The initial replacement scoops were rivets or rivnuts (optional self-supplied) all around. The HOOD SCOOP THREAD in the ModTech area has a wealth of information and best practices from those days. It’s a lot of stuff to get through to find the good stuff but well worth it! I went through all three versions but once you get it updated to the final product, and it’s installed properly, it will be fine. 

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

8 hours ago, Bishop #0447 said:

Glad I could create discussion leading to this massive discovery. LOL jk

I’m still wondering who was willing to pay you money to feel your scoop! I still have a never installed one and always looking to make extra cash!  So how bout it all! Who wants to feel my scoop!

1 hour ago, JeffIsHereToo said:

I’m still wondering who was willing to pay you money to feel your scoop! I still have a never installed one and always looking to make extra cash!  So how bout it all! Who wants to feel my scoop!

:spend:

:hysterical2:

3 hours ago, JeffIsHereToo said:

I was thinking of making it a group thing. Everybody wire transfer 150 dollars with an address and it will be delivered to you. 1 feel per person and no cheeto hands