TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grant Steering Wheel.

Swapping out my stock Premium Steering Wheel for this Grant wheel!! Love the look and feel! Unfortunately Grant is no longer offering this wheel. I found one at Mustangs Unlimited for $475!! 

new wheel.JPG

old wheel.JPG

Edited by slbgtsc

So the install was super easy, since the wheel I received had the speed control buttons already installed. Take out the module fuse (#17) in the fuse panel on the passenger side footwell. Disconnect the battery wait a few minutes and then remove the airbag from the wheel. Once the airbag is out disconnect the horn and take out the bolt holding the wheel. Reverse everything for the install. The wheel is noticeably thicker where the two side spokes are( 3 and 9). Grant did a nice job building up this area and then I love the flat top and bottom of the wheel.You can see the gray area above the spokes that was built up but the back side behind the spokes is also built up (thicker and shaped really well. The entire wheel feels a little thicker than stock.  It's snowing like crazy outside so I will have to wait for an official test drive.

new installed.JPG

Edited by slbgtsc

• 4 weeks later...