TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT gear

Orion

I have a friend who e-mailed me and she is going to be designing apparel for Shelby's Vegas store.

I let her know that many of us are frustrated at all the GT350 and GT500 gear, but NO Shelby GT shirts or hats.

She's interested in what Shelby GT accessories you all would be interested in.

Does anyone have any photos of gear they'd liked produced/ reproduced? I had a SGT cap that got stolen and haven't been able to even find a photo of, so maybe you all can post photos of any SGT-specific gear that  is no longer produced. I can't find anything on eBay today other than a GT-H hat:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-GT-H-Hertz-Rent-A-Racer-Hat-Original-Obsolete-and-Extremely-Rare-Piece/173132377255?hash=item284f7e6ca7:g:mRcAAOSwiKlZwphB

Even a Google image search doesn't show up anything SGT.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I have a friend who e-mailed me and she is going to be designing apparel for Shelby's Vegas store.

I let her know that many of us are frustrated at all the GT350 and GT500 gear, but NO Shelby GT shirts or hats.

She's interested in what Shelby GT accessories you all would be interested in.

Does anyone have any photos of gear they'd liked produced/ reproduced? I had a SGT cap that got stolen and haven't been able to even find a photo of, so maybe you all can post photos of any SGT-specific gear that  is no longer produced. I can't find anything on eBay today other than a GT-H hat:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-GT-H-Hertz-Rent-A-Racer-Hat-Original-Obsolete-and-Extremely-Rare-Piece/173132377255?hash=item284f7e6ca7:g:mRcAAOSwiKlZwphB

Even a Google image search doesn't show up anything SGT.

Thanks

Over the past 5 to 7 years, we have steadily seen just about all Shelby GT items disappear from the Shelby Store. There have been people who come on here off and on trying to resurrect interest. There was even a guy last year who tried to see about getting some licensed Shelby GT hats made, so far that has fizzled out in to nothing also. Part of the problem with this type of open “polling” you are doing is that the responses almost always end up going something like this:

Yes I would like a Shelby GT hat/shirt but I want it in black and silver to match my car,

Then somebody else pops up and says “I want one too, but I only want it if it is in white and silver to match my car”,

Then somebody else pops up and says “don’t forget about us 2008 Shelby GT owners we want one in blue and silver to match our cars,

Then a guy pops up and says “oh yeah? What about us Barret Jackson guys? We want a black hat with red lettering to match out cars.”

Then another Barrett Guy says guys says “yeah, I would want one except I want it red with black lettering,

Then the grabber orange owner chimes in and says “Oh I would buy one but only if it is orange with silver lettering to match my car”.

Then somebody else chimes in and says  “what about us GT guys who had the GT/SC conversion? I would buy one but only if it says GT/SC,

And Then  you will have 5 or 6 different request of colors in GT/SC too.

And Then you have the Shelby GT-H folks ……….

And then….

And then…..

And then…..

The point is: There never seemed to be enough volume to justify multiple color versions so just make a simple hat or a t shirt that says “Shelby GT” on it somewhere and print it in a quantity that’s cost effective and put it in the store. Hell, at this point just a simple heather grey T shirt or hat with Shelby GT on it would be great. And if someone does design something, at least put the “Berg” Snake on it. The “Berg” Snake was recognized as the official unofficial Snake for the Shelby GT. If it is of decent design,  I would buy a dozen just for myself and would send a few of them to my nephews as well.

Good luck in your quest. If you actually get a Shelby GT shirt or hat made available for us Shelby GT owners you will possibly be viewed as the Indiana Jones of the Shelby GT World who hath delivered forth unto us the Lost Ark of the Covenant.…..

Edited by mhr1961
edited for spelling

Amen mhr1961!

I was the one trying to get the license to produce Shelby GT hats and shirts. I was pretty excited about getting it done. But there were way too many hoops to jump through to validate my time. I even spoke at length with Ari.

Shelby is like any corporation ... gotta stay in the black. Bottom line: not enough demand.

I suggest checking with your friend if she can actually get designs approved with the Berg logo, given its association with "Team Shelby".

Feel free to take hat samples from my gallery if your looking for designs. Personally, I'd love to see the Berg snake all by itself.

27 minutes ago, Orion said:

Could you post a photo of the "Berg" snake.

Google wasn't of much help and it would make it easier to explain to just show photos pr a web page.

Thanks

here is an example of the Shelby GT /"Berg" Snake

IMG_8246-L.jpg

Edited by mhr1961

19 minutes ago, BlackSGT said:

Amen mhr1961!

I was the one trying to get the license to produce Shelby GT hats and shirts. I was pretty excited about getting it done. But there were way too many hoops to jump through to validate my time. I even spoke at length with Ari.

Shelby is like any corporation ... gotta stay in the black. Bottom line: not enough demand.

I suggest checking with your friend if she can actually get designs approved with the Berg logo, given its association with "Team Shelby".

Feel free to take hat samples from my gallery if your looking for designs. Personally, I'd love to see the Berg snake all by itself.

Black SGT , Even if It didn't pan out, We appreciated your effort. Personally , I think if they just printed "Shelby GT" with a Berg Snake on a heather grey T shirt or Heather Grey Hat that would cover about 90% and be generic enough to sell across multiple SGT owner colors. Ah well, we shall see what this new effort produces.

ps: if you look at what is available in the Shelby Store it is easy to see that the current shirts and hats are mostly designed to appeal to the masses. Which of course means broader appeal and bigger sales.

Edited by mhr1961

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love to see some Shelby/Shelby GT stuff.  My biggest question re: merchandise is... Is it kosher to wear Shelby gear with the cobra snake on it if you don't own a Cobra?  I don't like to  wear stuff that might be "false" advertising.  I see so much merchandise with the cobra on it but not sure I should be wearing it.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, Big Al said:

I would love to see some Shelby/Shelby GT stuff.  My biggest question re: merchandise is... Is it kosher to wear Shelby gear with the cobra snake on it if you don't own a Cobra?  I don't like to  wear stuff that might be "false" advertising.  I see so much merchandise with the cobra on it but not sure I should be wearing it.

BigAl,

Wear what you like/want to wear. Although the Cobra Snake is associated with the Shelby brand keep in mind that there were no snake logos placed anywhere on the Shelby GT's by Shelby American.

Steven