TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H Billet caps

99-9x

39 minutes ago, 99-9x said:

I am going to look at a 2016 GTH tomorrow and noticed they came with the GT-H billet caps.How many caps came with the 2016 GTH.Any other things to look for other than the obvious.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Should be 5 caps. Look or ask  if they have the wheel center caps with GT H on them and if they have all of the paper work? Also check the grill rivets for rust. They have replacements.

Also make sure you get two keys. it takes two Admin keys to program a spare. You can have 4 Admin keys in total. My car came with one key missing, so I requested a second spare. I wanted to have 4 keys in total and figured out how to program the spare myself after several learning attempts. What I learned was my lost key was counting as 1 of the 4. So I could not program all of the four keys in my possession, only three. I contacted a local locksmith and they will reset all 4 keys for about $50. Dealer would be more.

I was not sure I wanted a lost key out there on my car. As soon as I get this done, I will have 4 keys, all set to a new code. Brent 

Edited by blz57
spelling

6 hours ago, 99-9x said:

THANK YOU, for the info about keys. l can see from a picture of the engine bay its missing the cap for the washer solvent,was that a billet part? l will check grill rivets. Leaving in a few hrs.will report back.

If you don't mind me asking, which one are you going to look at?

The one in  Coraopolis on  University Blvd.Looked at it today.Has a few bumps and bruises on it.Missing the washer cap,tear in the rear seat.Only has one key and battery is dead.Could not open the trunk.Car is kind of dirty.For the asking price not feeling it at the moment.

11 hours ago, 99-9x said:

The one in  Coraopolis on  University Blvd.Looked at it today.Has a few bumps and bruises on it.Missing the washer cap,tear in the rear seat.Only has one key and battery is dead.Could not open the trunk.Car is kind of dirty.For the asking price not feeling it at the moment.

PM sent.....

Early in December, I bought my Hertz Shelby, CSM 16H0035, in Norwalk, CA, 12,400 miles on the ODO.

Condition not too bad, but did show some patina of been a rental car. Also only one key. And the Pony wheel caps.

And the battery was dead, too.

There's a great discussion on engine tune for these cars, go to  " What octane gas in my GTH"

I have my Shelby at the Ford dealership right now for oil change and doing some servicing (to keep the warranty intact) and will ask them if they could find out if this particular tune is in my car (Ford Performance Calibration (M-9603-M8);  should have an answer by Monday.

If you have the 91 octane sticker under the gas cap lid and K&N sticker on the air cleaner, you probably have the Performance Calibration.

Congratulations on your potential new car, and despite what the Hertz advertising says, it is okay to negotiate!

Waiting for 99-9X to find the right one! Look for the 91 Octane and K&N decal under the hood. That should be a calabration car. Those seem to be in a minority.

Take your time. Dead battery...that deserves a new topic post! brent

Regarding the car l looked at,the auto check just states it was in an accident.Car fax goes into more detail about it being run into a ditch sustaining front and rear damage.Assuming damage was to the ground effects.It was probably fixed correctly but unless you are there you will have to wonder.Kinda like a house once the walls go up you don’t know what’s behind them.Also states air bags were not deployed.It may have been a little more damage than 1st thought.Also a concern about only one key.Last it will be hard to part with our SGT 4126.lts a good car that has absolutely no issues.I am not getting the feeling for the GT-H like we did when we looked at our SGT.

I would pass on that one. if only one key, make it a part of your offer/contract. You need to look at a '16 GT-H that does not have skeleton's in the closest; that creates the bad vibes.

There are still plenty on the list here/Auto Trader to get more information on. Although they are selling, you still have time. For what you are going to spend, a plane ticket or road trip is cheap. Brent

99-9x - Wishing you all the best in finding your GT-H When you find the right one you will love it - I am loving mine.The cars that are left are mostly in the 15 K mile range. Not a lot of miles on a used car, but on a used rental car that could matter. Some of the renters wanted to make sure they got their money worth and did- check out the videos. . I was told that cars that were in accidents were repaired by Hertz wherever they could, and this information might not be on CarFax.,When I asked Hertz managers, they were honest and forthcoming about any accidents, so ask. Lots of good information and buying tips here on the forum.