TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It looks offical - Ford's teaser video on the 2019 GT500

springer

8 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Ford GT twin turbo 6 is rated at 647 HP.  New Mustang Shelby GT500 wins the horsepower bragging rights and costs a lot less!

Gotcha.  Marketing 101 by Ford I suppose.

I'd like to hear that conversation.  A guy with a new GT500 bragging to the guy with the new FGT that his new GT500  is the "most powerful Ford ever".

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

8 minutes ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

I'd like to hear that conversation.  A guy with a new GT500 bragging to the guy with the new FGT that his new GT500  is the "most powerful Ford ever".

QSS

That would be a short argument.  Power is nothing compared to racing pedigree.  Two different worlds, but much respect between both.  Wonder how the GT500 will stack up against the current Super Snake?  That would be a much better comparison.  And why is Ford stuck on black wheels?  

GT500: more horsepower, rear seat for kids, trunk for luggage., no purchase restrictions.

Ford GT: ultimate eye candy and prestige as well as insane collector value.

Both win in their respective categories and would appear well in any two car garage.  Fantasy dream.:cool:

9 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

QSS

But I would drive the FGT any day over the GT500....just saying.

14 hours ago, cobrakidz said:

But I would drive the FGT any day over the GT500....just saying.

I agree.  I suppose any Ford guy would know full well that the NFGT is king of the castle by a huge stretch.  

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

On 1/17/2018 at 1:34 AM, 66GT350PS said:

Ford GT twin turbo 6 is rated at 647 HP.  New Mustang Shelby GT500 wins the horsepower bragging rights and costs a lot less!

No the 13/14 GT 500 was 662hp. Puts the ford GT in 3rd place. Sure hope they can put that much hp to the ground in the mustang. AWD would help so who knows. 

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

No the 13/14 GT 500 was 662hp. Puts the ford GT in 3rd place. Sure hope they can put that much hp to the ground in the mustang. AWD would help so who knows. 

True, but that was back in 2013-14 before the new GT.  I am referring to the coming year.  But you are correct that the Shelby GT500 continues to win the Ford production model horsepower wars.

1 hour ago, carnut12 said:

Mach 1 1970 says 

That’s exactly what my 14 GT500 was like . You could go 0 to 60 without shifting out of first gear. Could not use all 662 hp on the streets  

What magic powers will the new 700+ hp Shelby have ?

Edited by mach 1 1970

Guest markham51
20 hours ago, Secondo said:

Looking forward to the new GT500! :thumbsup:  

Looks like it won't be just a straight-line car with that rear spoiler, but a track beast like the new ZR1 Vette and Camaro ZL1.

I agree.  I think Ford has turned the corner on the "One trick Pony"