TEAM SHELBY FORUM

High Bid on 2016 GT-H at Jan 2018 Mecum was $50,000

linvx

So $50,000 plus how much commissions...... $5,000 = $55,000 for a GT-H with 9,000 miles and it didn't sell?   You can buy one right now for less  $'s with the same amount of miles.

Sounds like this car was being bid up in hopes there was a live one in the audience.   There are tons of these cars for sale on the Hertz site and Autotrader.com all for $50,000 +/- and they are not selling.  They are over two years old now.

That  Mecum Kissimmee auction that is going on right now has 7 GT-H's for sale and 6 of the 7 have a reserve on them.  CSM06H002 (one of the 4 2006 GT-H 5 speed manuals) was run through auction once last year and it didn't sell.  Several of these cars are owned by Vantage inf Florida.  I suspect none of the rare cars will "actually" sell.  The market is heavily saturated with Shelby's and the new GT500 is coming soon.  How long are sellers gonna let these cars sit?  

QSS

I'm a Hertz Shelby kind of guy. I buy according to what I like. The GT H cars are awesome. Don at Vantage is very knowledgeable on the Hertz cars and real easy to deal with. If you are looking for a GT H or a particular CSM # Don probably can find it. 

Vantage has a number of 2016 GTH's -Of course their prices are asking prices. They also have three other 2016's in the Mecum auction. Auctions can be a problem, with reserves, shill bidders and over stimulated bidders. Be interesting to see how it goes, but I think straight sale prices are more reliable. Low mileage seems to be the big factor on prices.

11 hours ago, Dr Garry Kraft said:

I just looked at Autotrader and they had 62 GT-H's for sale, ranging from $50,917 to $46,900 and mileage from 9085 to 33743.

That's right.  62 of them and we are supposed to believe the one at Mecum a few days ago was more valuable and did not sell at $55,000?  I don't think so.   Obviously was being bid up by a shill.  I am sure there are a few 06 and 07's in that 62 total but there are a metric sh!t ton of 16's.available   I just wish the sellers of these cars would "get real" and adjust their prices as I would like to buy one but as long as they keep dreaming then so will I and my dollars will stay in my pocket.  

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

20 hours ago, phyllis said:

I'm a Hertz Shelby kind of guy. I buy according to what I like. The GT H cars are awesome. Don at Vantage is very knowledgeable on the Hertz cars and real easy to deal with. If you are looking for a GT H or a particular CSM # Don probably can find it. 

I know Don is a good guy but what I'd like to find is one of the 16 executive sticks that doesn't cost more than a Dodge Demon or a Ferrari F430.  Back in 09 I bought my (one of seventeen) 2007 sticks for 39% of the "going rate" of the (one of sixteen) 2016 sticks.  I paid less than half the price of what is being asked now!  I guess the economy is  absolutely ripping in order to be doubling the prices of cars in 10 years when the annual inflation rate is what...... 2%? 

QSS

3 minutes ago, bigcbass said:

I bought my 07 GT-H in 2008 from Hertz for about $25,000.    Anyone know why these are going for such a premium?

Well, in my opinion they are not going for premium because they are not selling. I think Hertz is just being greedy. 

3 minutes ago, bigcbass said:

I bought my 07 GT-H in 2008 from Hertz for about $25,000.    Anyone know why these are going for such a premium?

My guess Hertz has around $50,000.00 in them and being 50th Anniversary plus only 171 production. 

11 minutes ago, cobraguy69 said:

2007 was 10 years ago - what was a Mustang GT selling for then compared to a 2017 ? And the GTH's are selling and will sell now that they have broken down under 50K for the leased cars. I got mine and the GTH is a great car in my opinion.

Agreed 

Agree the 2016 GT-H is a great car. Much badder looking, 100+ more horse, 1/3 of past 2006/2007 production runs. Black & Gold is Black & Gold and only means one thing: A piece of a unique history by three well know name brands.

I rented a 2006 GT-H #135 and LOVED that car. I even recall seeing them around for a while back then. But then they ended up tucked away and I have not seen one for years. But I really love my 2016 GT-H! I believe the 2016 Gt-H's will disappear given time. Way fewer cars to go around. These will be a hard car to spot in the future, there just aren't enough of them. You'll see them at car shows and Mustang round up's. The '16 MSP was $39,500 + $10,000 Shelby invoice for the FORD Racing/HERTZ add-on's (I don't think I could buy all the add-ons for $10,000?) certainly raises the value of this car when compared to what things cost 10 years ago for the 2006 GT-H. Today, it is not uncommon for people to pay $50,000+ for a new car that has thousands and thousands of them built. $50K for one of these does not seem unreasonable to me, I am very happy with mine. Upper end performance cars are much more expensive. Again, IMHO, of course! I was driving my 2016 GT-H around tonight, and LOVE it! A guy stopped me at the Post Office and asked what year my "Mustang" was. It was dark and being a black car and all, he could not see the gold stripes. Then I asked him if he knew what this was...I told him a GT-H, and his face lit up. He didn't even know about the '16's, but knew what it meant. He owed a car dealership in the area. Happens every time I go out.

But to each his own! Brent

17 hours ago, 06H014 said:

Well, in my opinion they are not going for premium because they are not selling. I think Hertz is just being greedy. 

Exactly what premium?  They aren’t selling, there is no demand at current prices.  That means folks would rather have a brand new loaded GT and pick their options and colors.

I thought they would sell under $50K, but they brought this on themselves, starting at $150K pushed off the little demand these cars did have and obviously it pushed many off for good.  Patience should bring under $40K prices, even then resale will take a hit, it’s now a 2 year old “Rental”.  

Great looking car, but value will continue to go down the longer they wait, now the new GT has a much better transmission, it has better tech, soon they will announce a GT500 or something comparable.

I do think long term they will hold value, that’s a plus for buyers.

I' m enjoying the conversation on the 2016 GTH. I am hearing that those that have them love them and those that don't have them think they are overpriced .I wanted a GTH 350 in 1966 when I got out of the Army, couldn't afford one ( still can't afford a 1966 ) but now 50 years later I GOT A 2016 GTH And Love It !  Didn't buy it as an investment, but got a low mileage licensee car. The ones that are left will be at a lower price, but they are the higher mileage or damaged cars. For anybody who would rather have a GT - go for it; but if you do want to talk investment or value - in 5-10 years or more they will be a used GT and I will have a 2016 Shelby GTH - 50th Anniversary car - It's all good.

29 minutes ago, cobraguy69 said:

I' m enjoying the conversation on the 2016 GTH. I am hearing that those that have them love them and those that don't have them think they are overpriced .I wanted a GTH 350 in 1966 when I got out of the Army, couldn't afford one ( still can't afford a 1966 ) but now 50 years later I GOT A 2016 GTH And Love It !  Didn't buy it as an investment, but got a low mileage licensee car. The ones that are left will be at a lower price, but they are the higher mileage or damaged cars. For anybody who would rather have a GT - go for it; but if you do want to talk investment or value - in 5-10 years or more they will be a used GT and I will have a 2016 Shelby GTH - 50th Anniversary car - It's all good.

I agree. 

21 minutes ago, 06H275 said:

So here's how I feel about this...

I paid way too much for my '06, and way too much for my '16, and way, way, to much for my '66.

I never bought them to make money! I love these cars and love driving them.

End of story!

IMG_2025 (Small).JPG

IMG_2032 (Small).JPG

I'm with you. Buy what you like. Looks like we both love the black and gold. Cool collection.

Just watched the Mecum auction -

T 130 - 2016 GTH # 7,  1of 16 supercharged, 6 speed executive cars - Sold for $ 142,500.00

T 130.1 - 2016 GTH ,  1 of 171 , with 35 miles, bid to $ 70,000.00 - Unsold against a reserve of $ 90,000.00 according to the announcer.

IMO the #7 sold about right and they were high on their reserve on the 35 mile car, should have taken the $ 70,000.00 while they could get it.

18 minutes ago, cobraguy69 said:

Just watched the Mecum auction -

T 130 - 2016 GTH # 7,  1of 16 supercharged, 6 speed executive cars - Sold for $ 142,500.00

T 130.1 - 2016 GTH ,  1 of 171 , with 35 miles, bid to $ 70,000.00 - Unsold against a reserve of $ 90,000.00 according to the announcer.

IMO the #7 sold about right and they were high on their reserve on the 35 mile car, should have taken the $ 70,000.00 while they could get it.

I think the seller will take $78,000 or $79,000 for the CSM# 160 with 35 miles.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:18 PM, bigcbass said:

The 06 hertz cars were all sold @ auctions. Hertz didn’t sell the cars but instead used auctions. Many ford dealers paid up to $60K for one. Later in the year the prices started to come down. I bought one from a dealer in 2012 for $31K and I have the invoice that showed he paid over $60K. Not sure what took place on the 07 cars. But I do know that the first 100  07 hertz cars were sold by  kruse auctions and not by hertz themselves. $25K is a steal in my book for a convertible 07 GT-H .

It appears the 2016 hertz cars are not generating the hype that the early 06 cars did. Remember the 06 was the first Shelby since 1970. To me they are special along with the 07 SGT that  were  sold to the general public with a 5 speed. With over 60,000 Shelby 07/18 out there the 16 hertz cars are just not limited like they were in 2006 .But I think they share a special place in Shelby history. Heck I remember when we were told the 07 GT500 was  a two year run  by dealers. That’s why they had such high ADMs on the 07 GT500. It took me almost two years to buy one for sticker and it was a 2008. People paid ADMs on the 16 GT350 but that’s another story. 

2006 5 speed would be the ticket IMO. That’s got to be super rare.

*******Edit...this exact car was a (bid goes on) mecum auction on January 12 for $125K. Click on *****https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-312703/2006-ford-shelby-gt-h/

Edited by mach 1 1970