TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pennsylvania Members - Sound Off!

Cobrask8

OK all members who live in the Keystone State, say hello, your car, town, and a brief intro. As we re-ramp the PA Region, I'd like to see who is out there and what you have / want!

Looking forwards to hearing from you,

Dan

PA Regional Director

Tony live in suburb of Philly.  I actually haven’t been an active member of Team Shelby for a few years. But may want to again. ‘11GT500  lots of mods

’67GT500 in the works

Want a club that goes on breakfast cruises/meets once a month or so near Philly. That’s probably a big ask. 

17 hours ago, Doug_GT350 said:

Hi! I'm Doug and I'm new around here. I'm from Cherryville and have a black 2007 GT/SC.... 

Next question.... if your the new PA Regional Director, what happened to Z-Man?

You're new around here?!?!?

You're not considered "New" even if we count in dog years! :lol:

....and I'm still here.  You won't be rid of me so easily.  Dan has come on board to focus on PA.  I'm handling the whole Northeast Region.  Lot's of good folks are stepping up.  It's gonna be a great year!

Edited by Z-man

14 hours ago, Z-man said:

You're new around here?!?!?

You're not considered "New" even if we count in dog years! :lol:

....and I'm still here.  You won't be rid of me so easily.  Dan has come on board to focus on PA.  I'm handling the whole Northeast Region.  Lot's of good folks are stepping up.  It's gonna be a great year!

NICE!!! I kinda figgered that but wanted dobble check!

It's fun being the New guy!

Edited by Z-man

3 hours ago, GTH391 said:

I'd love to see an event in the Central PA area. 

Tell us what you have in mind Ray. Now that we have a PA State Director, we will be planning more PA events.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Z-man said:

Tell us what you have in mind Ray. Now that we have a PA State Director, we will be planning more PA events.

Thanks Bill for asking. It appears that many events take place closer to the Philly area. There is a cars and coffee that happens in Lancaster during the warmer weather. Maybe a showing of Shelby and Mustangs would be nice.

14 minutes ago, GTH391 said:

Thanks Bill for asking. It appears that many events take place closer to the Philly area. There is a cars and coffee that happens in Lancaster during the warmer weather. Maybe a showing of Shelby and Mustangs would be nice.

Ray -

You are correct, the vast majority (all?) of the previous PA events have taken place on the Philadelphia  side of the state.  Since I was the PA State Director for a few years, and live in the Eastern side of the state,  I can tell you that I planned events in the areas I knew.  Coordinating a successful event in a familiar environment is challenging.....trying to plan one in a town 100+ miles away, that you have never visited, is almost impossible. 

However, you are from Lancaster, which is in the Philadelphia area, and not really that far away.  For the past few years we have hosted the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals, and half of that event is in Carlisle, PA.  We have also extended the invitation to join the Lehigh Valley SAAC Region for their Fall Annual Event, which has taken place in Hershey, PA and now in the Bethlehem area.  Dan (our new PA Director) was the lead on that event, so I hope it continues on as a dual Team Shelby / SAAC event.  Both of these major events are pretty close to you.

Tell me your thoughts on the possibility of a breakfast run to Shady Maples?....not that I need an excuse to visit there.

Bill

Hello to all. 2007 Black SGT .l am in South Western Pa about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh.Interested in hearing from anyone in the area.Would also like to attend any events within driving distance.Will make Carlisle this year, not sure about Summit Point yet.Looking forward to meeting other Team Shelby members.

Edited by 99-9x

1 hour ago, 99-9x said:

Hello to all. 2007 Black SGT .l am in South Western Pa about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh.Interested in hearing from anyone in the area.Would also like to attend any events within driving distance.Will make Carlisle this year, not sure about Summit Point yet.Looking forward to meeting other Team Shelby members.

Great that you will be joining us in Carlisle.  I encourage you to stop by Summit Point on your way.  Even if you don't track your car, there is still tons to do!  The activities in West Virginia, and the cruise to Carlisle are half the event. I didn't realize how much I had been missing until I started going to the track.  

Hey yall, im Matt. I am from the Phoenixville Area (not to far from Valley Forge Park). Have a 2007 GT500.

Right now, the only thing i want is warmer weather so i can take out the car again. :cool:

If yall are looking for somethings to do this summer as group. Besides Carlisle here is somethings i am aware of so far

Wheels of Time Cruise Night is usually every 3rd Saturday Night at the Macungie Memorial Park (Macungie PA - Near Allentown)

Harleysville Cruise Night is usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday Night at the Walmart in Harleysville (Near Green Lane Park)

AmericanMuscle Show is June 16th (23rd is the Rain Date) at the Maple Grove Raceway (Mohnton PA)

Cabelas Car Show is usually in October in Hamburg PA

Also https://www.cruisenewspa.com/ is a good source for stuff happening throughout PA

Edited by ShelbyEra08

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, ShelbyEra08 said:

AmericanMuscle Show is June 16th (23rd is the Rain Date) at the Maple Grove Raceway (Mohnton PA)

June???

Well that's a change.  At least it won't be 100+ degrees ;-)

Putting it on my calendar.

Thanks for the heads up!

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff from Lancaster County, ‘08 Vista Blue SGT convertible.  I would be interested in any events in eastern half of Pa.  Philly is not that far away.  Maybe another trip to the Simeone Museum?  I believe it’s the Delaware valley mustang club does a great show Memorial Day weekend near Kimberton, Pa. and Carlisle is always a great show.  Did a crab run down to Eastern shore of Maryland several years back with some great folks!

1 hour ago, jeffsshelbygt said:

Jeff from Lancaster County, ‘08 Vista Blue SGT convertible.  I would be interested in any events in eastern half of Pa.  Philly is not that far away.  Maybe another trip to the Simeone Museum?  I believe it’s the Delaware valley mustang club does a great show Memorial Day weekend near Kimberton, Pa. and Carlisle is always a great show.  Did a crab run down to Eastern shore of Maryland several years back with some great folks!

The wife and I still talk about that Crab run, what a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings fellow Pennsylvanians. 

Dave here, located east of Pittsburgh in Latrobe. 2006 GT-H #014. As mentioned earlier, would love to see some events/gatherings on this side of the state. 

Another car club I am a member of started a Cars n Coffee meet the first Saturday of each month at the new coffee shop near Mt. View on Route 30 in partnership with Smail Auto and some other businesses. 

Anyone else in this area shoot me a message if you go to the Norwin car cruise on Saturday nights or Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix events in July.

Dave

5 hours ago, 06H014 said:

Greetings fellow Pennsylvanians. 

Dave here, located east of Pittsburgh in Latrobe. 2006 GT-H #014. As mentioned earlier, would love to see some events/gatherings on this side of the state. 

Another car club I am a member of started a Cars n Coffee meet the first Saturday of each month at the new coffee shop near Mt. View on Route 30 in partnership with Smail Auto and some other businesses. 

Anyone else in this area shoot me a message if you go to the Norwin car cruise on Saturday nights or Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix events in July.

Dave

Dave -

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is a great event.  I used to go every year and did photography for them.

Bill

I went to the Vintage Grand Prix the Year the Mustang was the featured car.  It was really great to be in the middle of it showing my car with all the Mustang owners from all over Western Pennsylvania.  

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, JDraper said:

New member here from McVeytown, PA (central PA).  Just bought a 18 GT350 to add to our collection.  Regularly do the crab run mentioned in earlier posts, usually with a Black Mach 1.

Welcome to Team Shelby!  Glad you joined up and look Fort to meeting you at events in the Northeast Region. 

On 9/8/2018 at 1:14 PM, JDraper said:

New member here from McVeytown, PA (central PA).  Just bought a 18 GT350 to add to our collection.  Regularly do the crab run mentioned in earlier posts, usually with a Black Mach 1.

Is the Crab Run still going on? I haven't seen it posted on here, I would love to do that again! Keep me informed, Please.

6 hours ago, Doug_GT350 said:

Is the Crab Run still going on? I haven't seen it posted on here, I would love to do that again! Keep me informed, Please.

Crab run still goes on yearly, usually in early August.  It's usually posted up over on the Mach1Registry by user Old School, who is the organizer.

13 hours ago, JDraper said:

Crab run still goes on yearly, usually in early August.  It's usually posted up over on the Mach1Registry by user Old School, who is the organizer.

okay thanks! There is a user on here that goes by Old School as well, his photo shows a black 69 Mach 1, I'm going to message him.

Hi y'all from Texas. I am in need of advice, I have located a 2007 Shelby gt for sale in the Carnegie, Pa.  I was wondering if anyone knows of a local service that I could contact to do a pre-purchase inspection? (preferably reliable)  Thanks for your help!!  Alex