TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heads Up, changes coming to the TS forums on 12/20/2017

SAI-Steven

As many of you are aware we have all been struggling with the outdated forum software here on the Team Shelby website for quite a while now and although it would be great to be announcing the debut of a revamped TS website, we are just not there yet.

So what's this heads up announcement all about then?

Good question and the answer to that question is that because this outdated forum software is no longer being supported, our IT department along with the website hosting company need to make some changes that will affect the current TS forums website.

The biggest change is that some of you who log in with a sign-in name, as opposed to a user display name, will now have to log in using only your TS display name.

For example say that you currently would log into Team Shelby using your name, as an example we will use John Smith and once logged in you would then post with your TS display name of JohnnyGT500 well as of 12/20 you will now log in using your display name of JohnnyGT500.

This log-in change wont affect most of us as most of us use the same name for both log-in and posting. For example I log in using the name of SAI-Steven and I post under the user name of SAI-Steven.

Again if you log-in and post using the same name you're good to go. If you have separate log-in name that is different from your posting name you will need to remember to now log-in with your posting display name.

There possibly will also be some changes to the Friends/Followers that should be self explanatory on how to friend or follow another member.

And one last item is that the Garage along with the Video features may temporarily disappear from the site, these items should be added back to the website once this upgrade/patch is dialed in.

Some of you will have questions and we may even have a hiccup or two when these changes are applied so please be patient as we get this handled.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much every bike & Stang site I belong to has changed formats w/in the last year but this one  has got to be the most confusing of all to navigate. Not sure how this is an upgrade. While the last version might've been outdated, I could log-in and immediately go to 'new posts' since my last visit. Now I've got to click on an 'activity' link and search through to see what's new. Definitely not an upgrade in that aspect. 

Lee

What browser are you using on your mobile?   Firefox has an add-on or you can configure it yourself in the about:config box (search on google for "firefox request desktop site default for site".  You can also open the firefox menu "..." on the address bar, and check the "request desktop site".  The former will do it for all firefox windows, the latter is a one-time conversion (it is not sticky that I can find).  Since I use my windows laptop most of the time  I prefer the former since I'm "trained" to the desktop version.

I agree that the mobile skin is less than convenient.  I can zoom the desktop site much easier than I can navigate the mobile.

Edited by twobjshelbys

2 hours ago, Frank S said:

Five of the six forums I always went to are: "Sorry, there is a problem The page you requested does not exist Error code: 1S160/2 "

Same here,classifieds and a few other other forums show the same error message.Sent a report,not sure if it went.Kind of disappointed.

"

9 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Mike......zat you????

:doh:

Edit- And they killed off your post count. :headscratch:

Worked @ it and got my name BACK. Yeahhhhhh

IM BACK !!!! I like the ability to post pictures a lot better  

10F5D49A-2D00-4F27-AF1D-82E44C19BFD0.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

All, try to be patient.  There will be many changes coming to the site.  This was just the first step needed to get on a new back bone structure for the forums.  It was built on older, unsupported hardware and software.  So what you see right now is not the end state. 

1 hour ago, JeffJ said:

All, try to be patient.  There will be many changes coming to the site.  This was just the first step needed to get on a new back bone structure for the forums.  It was built on older, unsupported hardware and software.  So what you see right now is not the end state. 

Changing the topic for a minute. Boy the conti race @ Daytona looks to be back to its original form. 7 mustangs GT4 are entered plus more makes. Should be a good race. Look forward to Daytona in January. Are you involved this year Jeff J ?