TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18" Alcoa wheels for a 08- 09 KR

NZ Shelby KR

Wanted

I am looking for one but would prefer two (front) 18" Alcoa wheels for a 08- 09 KR.

Used would be OK as they are going to be a spare wheel.

West Coast side of USA would be great for me to ship.

Can message me.

Thanks

Sam

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

• 5 weeks later...

Correct, when you put a full size spare in the tire well, it will cause the board and carpet to sit up about an inch or so higher...but not a real problem.  One thing to note, if you do place a KR rim back there, I used a slightly smaller tire that I had in possession...255/18 but I have 275/18 on all 4 corners.  That's good enough to get me home without sticking up too much higher.  The point of this is that the 255 tire will sit pretty flush with the KR rim and the wood/fiber board tray that makes up the trunk floor will scratch up the face of the KR spare rim.  I used a thin layer of bubble wrap to lay over the face of the KR rim to protect it from the hard backing of the fiber board.

Just thought that would help you out!

Andy.

9 hours ago, AndyGJ said:

Correct, when you put a full size spare in the tire well, it will cause the board and carpet to sit up about an inch or so higher...but not a real problem.  One thing to note, if you do place a KR rim back there, I used a slightly smaller tire that I had in possession...255/18 but I have 275/18 on all 4 corners.  That's good enough to get me home without sticking up too much higher.  The point of this is that the 255 tire will sit pretty flush with the KR rim and the wood/fiber board tray that makes up the trunk floor will scratch up the face of the KR spare rim.  I used a thin layer of bubble wrap to lay over the face of the KR rim to protect it from the hard backing of the fiber board.

Just thought that would help you out!

Andy.

good advice

• 8 months later...

Maybe I should consider selling mine if that's the going price these days.  If that was for a set of 4, I have six - 4 on the car, one spare in the trunk, and one in a box in the basement....wonder what a set of six would fetch?

$4,000?

Edited by AndyGJ

1 minute ago, carnut12 said:

Wow a few years ago they couldn’t give away the 18”, all about supply and demand.  Are you sure the $3K wasn’t the 20” wheels?

I'd guess you're probably right on that unless he knows for sure.....if it was 18", then I'd be very tempted to put mine up for sale at those prices!!

A few KRs will lose wheels from unfriendly curb incidents. I imagine more people are building KR clones, too.

Chances are pretty slim that ALCOA will ever do another run of these in 18”, so prices are bound to climb.

Thing is though, there was an abundance of these after KR production ended - and Ford Racing blew ‘em out cheaply. Some of us picked up a spare set in case we ever needed it. I was just wondering if prices had climbed enough to give me that warm, fuzzy feeling - my spare set is still new in the box.

Yea I grabbed a set too with wingfoots. They were cheaper than a set of OZ’s with tires at the time. Shipping was almost as much as the wheels. Didn’t get hood or vents when they were “cheep” though. Probably a bunch of clones now too. But I haven’t seen one. 

Edited by powersturbo

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, powersturbo said:

Hey Kr664, was that just wheels or wheels with tires? Thanks

Yes, just for the wheels. They were for the 18" OEM KR wheel.  I would probably not pay the money for the tires as they are too old unless they are just used to show.   

• 1 month later...