TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Mark ups - what is eveyone seeing

KRman68

LOL @ some of you believing your dealers.

DEALER:> "Yup, just sold 10 at 80 over, you're lucky you paid what you did"

I'm sure that statement is just as honest as the rest of the lies that spill out of their mouths. MSRP is coming, prices are dropping now 5k overish seems to be the norm.

Works for me I'm a very patient man. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL @ some of you believing your dealers.

DEALER:> "Yup, just sold 10 at 80 over, you're lucky you paid what you did"

I'm sure that statement is just as honest as the rest of the lies that spill out of their mouths. MSRP is coming, prices are dropping now 5k overish seems to be the norm.

Works for me I'm a very patient man. :)

You got to shop shop shop. I took copies of completed Ebay auctions as well as names of dealers and sales managers willing to do deals close to or at MSRP, so I can give dealers a dose of reality when they try to run BS game on me.

It works for the most part and they will tell you what they can do for you realistilcally right away since many paid over MSRP from another dealer. My window sticker says 83K but I paid 52K for the color and nav I wanted so I had to settle with a 7k mark up. I could have gotten MSRP on a few gt500s but did not care for the colors or options.

I think patience is the name of the game here. How many Mustang owners are willing and ABLE to pay $10k over MSRP? Not many .... and I think that pool is slowly drying up. I've never been one to pay MSRP for any car I've bought. This may be the 1st, but I'm sure it won't be much. The prices are dropping ... ebay, autotrader, etc ... chances are these dealer don't have the nuts to sit on most of these through the winter ... I'd guess they will move most 2007 inventory by Feb. even if it means $2000-3000 over MSRP vs. $10k.

I think patience is the name of the game here. How many Mustang owners are willing and ABLE to pay $10k over MSRP? Not many .... and I think that pool is slowly drying up. I've never been one to pay MSRP for any car I've bought. This may be the 1st, but I'm sure it won't be much. The prices are dropping ... ebay, autotrader, etc ... chances are these dealer don't have the nuts to sit on most of these through the winter ... I'd guess they will move most 2007 inventory by Feb. even if it means $2000-3000 over MSRP vs. $10k.

Correct, and I think the market will 'normalize' by 08 then be pretty flat for 09 with these being available for at or below MSRP for sure.

I don't mind the wait :)

Archived