TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby 350 GT-H Owner

Dr Garry Kraft

Last week drove to Norwalk, California, and bought from the Hertz dealership a 2016 350 GT-H, #35 with about 12.5k miles. Shows some signs of being a rental with mostly everything intact and overall not bad.

My question is, the Shelby numbered dash plaque is missing. Can I contact Shelby and with the correct documentation purchase a replacement plaque?

Thanks,

Dr. Kraft

DASH PLAQUE.JPG

First off, welcome to Team Shelby.

That is probably the car I saw at Monterey back in September at the race track. I saw an H in the parking lot which did not have a dash plaque, just the original "Since 1964" Mustang plate.

P.S. the car is not considered a 350. Proper terminology would be Shelby GT-H. The 350 is a different animal all together.

Edited by JeffJ

Dr. Kraft

Welcome to Team Shelby & congratulations on the purchase of your GT-H. BTW, your car has an interesting footnote to it's rental history. In early June 2016, automotive journalist Jack Baruth rented your car and posted an entertaining article, along with a couple photos of your car, on the website "The Truth About Cars". Here's a link...........

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/06/review-2016-shelby-mustang-gt-h-vices-become-brand-virtues/

Edited by HERTZ II

Dr. Kraft

Welcome to Team Shelby & congratulations on the purchase of your GT-H. BTW, your car has an interesting footnote to it's rental history. In early June 2016, automotive journalist Jack Baruth rented your car and posted an entertaining article, along with a couple photos of your car, on the website "The Truth About Cars". Here's a link...........

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/06/review-2016-shelby-mustang-gt-h-vices-become-brand-virtues/

And if the Dr. is lucky perhaps he can reach out to the author of that article to see if he could obtain all the photos, especially photos that were not used in the article.

Just think how happy a 1966 GT350 would be if that vintage owner had photos of their Shelby from when it was in the rental fleet.

HertzII, thank you for providing that link.

Steve

And if the Dr. is lucky perhaps he can reach out to the author of that article to see if he could obtain all the photos, especially photos that were not used on the article.

Just think how happy a 1966 GT350 would be if that vintage owner had photos of their Shelby from when it was in the rental fleet.

HertzII, thank you for providing that link.

Steve

:thumbsup:

You were right! the "2016 Shelby Mustang GT-H Review" was my car, #35. How did you figure that out?

I found, in the trunk, the envelope for the license plates with the same license plate number as the (my) Shelby in the pictures of the Review.

And, apparently, when the vehicle was in Monterey, the dash plaque was missing at that time.

Am tracking down a replacement dash plaque.

Also noticed some of our cars have the GT-H wheel caps and others have the Mustang logo wheel caps. Any reason for this?

"Proper terminology would be Shelby GT-H" Thanks for the heads-up, will fix this on all future correspondence.

I'm having a heck of a lot of fun with my car!

Dr. Kraft

I would guess the wheel caps were replaced with regular Mustang ones. Either they fell off while being driven, or walked off as souvenirs. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened to the dash plaque. Some people have no respect for things.

Also noticed some of our cars have the GT-H wheel caps and others have the Mustang logo wheel caps. Any reason for this?

I would guess the wheel caps were replaced with regular Mustang ones. Either they fell off while being driven, or walked off as souvenirs. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened to the dash plaque. Some people have no respect for things.

Not all 2016 GTH cars were equipped with the GTH wheel center caps, supplier issue forced some cars to be shipped without them.

I have been told that the Hertz location should have the GT H center caps. They did not put them on because of being afraid someone may steal them.

So someone is going to steal wheel center caps but not steal the trunk GTH badging, the front grille GTH badging, the L&R fender badging, the L&R rear quarter emblem badging, thats not making much sense to me.

Maybe Steve can find out the answer to this question. Were the Shelby dash plaques put over the top of the regular "Since 1964" Mustang plaque? I would have thought that the stock one would be removed and the Shelby one put in it's place? So either, it was missed putting this one on, or the Shelby plaque was removed by somebody showing the stock Mustang one beneath. My guess when I saw the stock plaque is that the Shelby one may have been missed being put on.

Dr.

Does your VIN end in 9357? If so, then this is the same car I saw in the parking lot the weekend of the IMSA race in September. Here's the pic I took of the passenger side dash, I just thought that was unusual when I was looking for what number it was.

gallery_10653_2534_522021.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

My VIN ends with 9362.

I was just on the phone with Shelby Parts (seeking a replacement Shelby Dash Plaque) and when I asked him about the wheel center caps, he told me the first cars built had the GT-H caps, and the later ones the Pony caps.

Kinda interesting detective story.

I truly appreciate the expertise of this Forum!

My VIN ends with 9362.

I was just on the phone with Shelby Parts (seeking a replacement Shelby Dash Plaque) and when I asked him about the wheel center caps, he told me the first cars built had the GT-H caps, and the later ones the Pony caps.

Wow. My car was 3rd to last built and it has the GT H center caps.

My VIN ends with 9362.

Ah, interesting. So the car I saw at Monterey with no dash plaque was not your car.