TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes for my gt350

I purchased my 2017 gt350 last year. It is shadow black without any stripes.Now I decided I want to put white stripes on it. has anyone done this and if so what was the process. I asked my dealer and they referred me to a person that does stripes for them. Is that my best option or does anyone suggest something different. I looked on e-bay but found nothing

Bob Gillette from Delaware

You've got a clean slate (pun intended). If your car is not a garage queen and regularly (daily) exposed to the elements the vinyl stripes will look good for 3 or 4 years and then you'll want to do them again. They fade with time. Someone looking at them in the future will probably say they look OK but if you look at fresh stripes next to them you'll see the difference. So if you're going to do vinyl twice just go ahead and get it painted.

You've got a clean slate (pun intended). If your car is not a garage queen and regularly (daily) exposed to the elements the vinyl stripes will look good for 3 or 4 years and then you'll want to do them again. They fade with time. Someone looking at them in the future will probably say they look OK but if you look at fresh stripes next to them you'll see the difference. So if you're going to do vinyl twice just go ahead and get it painted.

Excellent advice except I'd only add to get them painted anyway because even if you sell in a few years, you don't want to put the pain and cost of having to remove them on someone else. I, for one, would never buy a car with vinyl stripes again.

Excellent advice except I'd only add to get them painted anyway because even if you sell in a few years, you don't want to put the pain and cost of having to remove them on someone else. I, for one, would never buy a car with vinyl stripes again.

Nizze car !!! But getting back to the topic. Id paint them on if you plan on keeping the Shelby for more then 5 years. My 11 year old SGT Stripes are fine but only because it wasnt driven much by the original owners. 3000 miles only. Go with the paint. Then clear over it. FYI ...05 Ford GT it was a $5300 option for painted stripes. They didnt use vinyl back then. My 66 Shelby GT 350 had painted stripes. Vinyl sucks.

Edited by mach 1 1970

• 1 month later...

My 2017 Ruby Red GT350 came with the white over the top stripes but I installed the vinyl rocker stripes I purchased from American Muscle.  They were easy to install and only $59.00.  Very similar to how they were installed in the video above.  Except the blow torch, not sure why they needed that.  I felt like paint was permanent and these look the same but I can always take them off.  Sorry, not a very good photo.  What an amazing car to own and drive!   

Shelby GT350.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey guys I haven’t use the product two of my friends have and said the vinyl is much better than what comes stock and four but there for stock applications for the GT 350 they cost about $260 with the 8th inch side stripe and if you’re close to Texas they do the install for a $160 the addy of the place is https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-gt350-full-length-stripes.html  after I washed  the car my son took this picture I guess the GT 350 is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow because this wasn’t Photoshop I’m surprised a little leprechaun wasn’t sitting in the driver seat D8A42140-AD2A-4B9A-BF64-2B4D05D3BCAF.thumb.jpeg.cddf627d43b792f3c8172e598e0f273c.jpeg

On 7/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, Wildv8 said:

Hey guys I haven’t use the product two of my friends have and said the vinyl is much better than what comes stock and four but there for stock applications for the GT 350 they cost about $260 with the 8th inch side stripe and if you’re close to Texas they do the install for a $160 the addy of the place is https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-gt350-full-length-stripes.html  after I washed  the car my son took this picture I guess the GT 350 is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow because this wasn’t Photoshop I’m surprised a little leprechaun wasn’t sitting in the driver seat D8A42140-AD2A-4B9A-BF64-2B4D05D3BCAF.thumb.jpeg.cddf627d43b792f3c8172e598e0f273c.jpeg

This is a great option. Paint will always last longer. On the other hand, if you ever want to change it up...….

• 4 months later...