TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Cheap

TheKurgan

Doesn't seem cheap to me. 07 SGT's with 39k miles sell for around $17k right now and those cars have a clean title, decent stripes and no flood damage.

Even if this car did not have a salvaged title and flood damage it would probably take $10k to get it looking good so someone would have $20k into a car that would sell for $17k and again that is not taking into consideration a salvage title and flood damage.

As others have mentioned, best outcome for this car is as a track car.

$17K for a 35000 mile car in clean condition is about right. But who wants one when you can spend a little more and get a mint low mileage one. The more these 07SGTs are trashed the less there will be out there. I remember back in 1982 looking for a low mileage mint 1970 boss 302 for around $4100 a lot were trashed back then. A 1966 driver GT350 $10K also back in 1982. Today the speculator crowd has kind of ruined the hobby for some of us car guys. Its gotten way out of hand. Maybe even a bubble. It happened before and it can happen again. I still buy what I like just not the old stuff anymore.

Edited by mach 1 1970

this ist Flood Car

for 3 weeks ago was on copart or iaai for 3000 $ with buy now option

now ist the time with many many cars form the last huricane texas/florida

07SGT1194 is also listed on ebay. Of course the seller makes no mention of the Hurricane Harvey damage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT/182872811322?hash=item2a9411a73a:g:5iQAAOSwYc5Z-19W&vxp=mtr

07SGT1194 is also listed on ebay. Of course the seller makes no mention of the Hurricane Harvey damage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT/182872811322?hash=item2a9411a73a:g:5iQAAOSwYc5Z-19W&vxp=mtr

The ebay ad does disclose a salvage title with a copy of the salvage title for flood damage. It has a bid at 8k (but it's probably a shill bid).

Edited by twobjshelbys

Page 16 on the Craiglsit post shows that it is a flood car from TX. Looks like a fully, or close to it, submerged one to boot. That said it's a nightmare. It's worth it's weight in salvageable parts less the labor to salvage, no more.

Edited by mfield2a

They must of dropped another engine in it if it was flooded. I went through Irma here in the Keys and I know of no cars that would even turn over after they had been flooded. If even if it would start, it would be a time bomb. This car appears to be in Florida, not Texas. It just looks like neglect to me. Those stripes crackling and peeling look like normal break down from sitting out in the sun.

Edited by TheKurgan

The ebay ad does disclose a salvage title with a copy of the salvage title for flood damage. It has a bid at 8k (but it's probably a shill bid).

Well yes and no. The seller makes no mention of the salvage title in their auction description but yes they do show a photo of the salvage title. As experienced ebay users know ebay photos can disappear at any time. You'll also notice the seller makes the statement that the car would be a great car for export, why make that statement but leave out the flood car part?

When a seller tries to hide something as severe as a flood damaged car with a non-rebuildable salvage title, well it tells me a lot about their honesty. Its obvious to me that the seller is more concerned about flipping the car to an unsuspecting buyer. Yes buyers need to do thier due diligence but sellers shouldn't be given a pass when they leave out facts that affect the cars value.

Steve

They must of dropped another engine in it if it was flooded. I went through Irma here in the Keys and I know of no cars that would even turn over after they had been flooded. If even if it would start, it would be a time bomb. This car appears to be in Florida, not Texas. It just looks like neglect to me. Those stripes crackling and peeling look like normal break down from sitting out in the sun.

The car is in Florida because Texas issued a parts title, meaning that the car can never be put back on the road in Texas. This was a Corpus Christi car that sustained flood damage from hurricane Harvey and was totaled out by the insurance company.

Take a look at the rust/corrosion underneath the hood and the water in the headlights if you don't believe us.

The car is in Florida because Texas issued a parts title, meaning that the car can never be put back on the road in Texas. This was a Corpus Christi car that sustained flood damage from hurricane Harvey and totaled out by the insurance company.

Take a look at the rust/corrosion underneath the hood and the water in the headlights if you don't believe us.

It's not water in the headlights Steve, it's an overfill of Blinker Fluid!

Look @ the mildew in the perforated material in the driver side door panel. That car must really stink when the windows are up in the humid fla weather. Whew !

Edited by mach 1 1970

Just hideous!

Off topic: If you ever wanted a limited edition mustang or pretty much any other classi or new classic cars, right now is a great time to buy from the "By Owner" crowd. Most every person does not have buyer showing up at their homes with $40-$50-$60K in cash to buy their car but the ones that do get them sold. The savvy buyer right now holds all the cards with the for sale by owner crowd. So if you want a great deal and have $40-$50-$60K +++ in cash to bring on your buy it now date, your probably going to get an incredible car at an incredible deal.

Page 16 on the Craiglsit post shows that it is a flood car from TX. Looks like a fully, or close to it, submerged one to boot. That said it's a nightmare. It's worth it's weight in salvageable parts less the labor to salvage, no more.

While it shows flood salvage title, how does one surmise how high the flood waters got? The "repair costs" for a car with 1 inch of water in cabin would cause it to be totaled.

This all depends on the level of flooding. 1 inch in the cabin wouldn't render the motor useless.

Is the starting price for the car with all the other issues a bit high, sure.

I for one have brought life back to a flood salvaged car for track only use. In my instance, car came from New Jersey and Hurricane Sandy. Based on the damage levels it appears that mine was submerged to about the bottom of the radio. I was fortunate to obtain a donor crash vehicle at a reasonable cost for wiring harness, dash harness.

It's what I call a labor of love to breath life back into a Shelby so I can now have a street Shelby and a Track Shelby :)

• 2 weeks later...