TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this car chase suspect driving a Shelby GT?

Orion

Article here...

http://abc7.com/suspect-surrenders-after-high-speed-chase-in-la-county/2611861/

"The driver traveled at speeds of over 100 mph in the blue Ford Mustang, possibly a Shelby model, on the southbound 5 Freeway."

Hopefully there was not much damage to the car.

- Pockdog

It said the Mustang was blue,wouldn't that make it a 2008 SGT?.

At one point in the video the car did appear to be a dark metallic blue, but too dark of a blue to be the 2008 Vista Blue. Also there was no satellite antenna on the trunk lid nor chrome wheels like the 2008 SGT's have.

So its most likely a black 2007 SGT or an extremely well done clone. The car did have a trunk lid spoiler but that is something many SGT owners have added to their car.

Looks like HID light color (white) though on the road...which would put it at an '08 or '09. Has the GT500 Spoiler.

If it was an 08 SGT it would have had the satellite antenna on the trunk lid and chrome wheels. This car has no satellite antenna and has black wheels. I suspect someone has played with the headlights as the light pattern is all wonky on the car.

If it was an 08 SGT it would have had the satellite antenna on the trunk lid and chrome wheels. This car has no satellite antenna and has black wheels. I suspect someone has played with the headlights as the light pattern is all wonky on the car.

My 2008 does not have a satellite antenna on the trunk lid?

Edited by mfield2a

I also don't have the satellite antenna on my 2008.

Were those installed at Shelby?

I thought all the rental GT-H's had them...

No it was a Ford option. For some reason I was thinking that by 2008 Ford was equipping all their Mustang stereos with the satellite feature along with a 6 month "free" subscription so that owners would sign up for the service. Kind of like GM was doing with their on-star service, put it on every car, give a couple months of "free" service then once the owners are used to it hit em up with a subscription.

Obviously I was incorrect on my assumption. It appears just to be a popular option with 70% of the 2008 SGT's having the option.

Sirius was an option.....even in ‘08.

Looks like it was still an option in 2009.