TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT Hertz oil filter ?

cobraguy69

Just got my 2016 GT Hertz with 5,800 miles on it. Owner said oil was changed last at 3,000 miles and it looks clean, but I am going to change it anyway. Manual says 5W- 20 and I am thinking Mobil 1 synthetic ( I am not going to use this car hard ). No where in the manual can I find what oil filter to use. Sure would appreciate you guys letting me know what make oil and filter brand and model number to use.

Just got my 2016 GT Hertz with 5,800 miles on it. Owner said oil was changed last at 3,000 miles and it looks clean, but I am going to change it anyway. Manual says 5W- 20 and I am thinking Mobil 1 synthetic ( I am not going to use this car hard ). No where in the manual can I find what oil filter to use. Sure would appreciate you guys letting me know what make oil and filter brand and model number to use.

From page 272 of the 2016 Mustang Owners manual:

Oil filter FL-500-S

2016 Oil Filter.jpg

Got my FL-500-S filter and going to buy some 5W-20 synthetic motor oil. The owner manual says Motocraft, but I 'm not sure I can find it- I am thinking Mobil -1. Sure would like suggestions on what to use - Thanks.

You can find it at the Ford dealer. Autozone also lists it.

Ford's oils are sometimes special formulation. Be sure the non-Ford oil meets the same specs as the Ford. The oil for the GT500s (and Ford GT) wasn't manufactured by anyone else for many years.