TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby gte package?

luvmydog

You certainly can find other threads on Mustang and Shelby forums debating cost to build yourself vs. value of a Shelby.

-If you only care about the performance, then yah you could price out on Ford Performance web site a Borla exhaust, Power Pack 2 and lowering springs. Plus installation, you would have roughly the same performance for less. Either GTE or doing this yourself, you will notice the difference and have a lot of fun with it. Everyone who does a tune and aftermarket exhaust says this is what a Mustang GT should have been from the factory. Plus, people rave about the “no lift shift” feature for manuals with the Power Pack 2 that you should get either way.

-If you start adding all the other features like hood, grills, spoiler, stripes, unique rocker and deck lid panels and are paying someone to install them then the gap narrows considerably. Once you have a highly modified car it becomes more uncertain whether a buyer down the road will have same tastes as you and willing to pay for it, so holding value is likely better on a GTE.

I had the same dilemma as you with premium and performance packages. I just really wanted the spun aluminum instrument panel with gages. Yes, there is some waste in suspension package overlap and wheels.

If you order, I would...

-Swap the wheels before sending to Shelby. There is no rule against making a buck trading your wheels with another Mustang owner before shipping the car.

-Ask cost to upgrade to their Venom wheels. They are a significant upgrade over Performanc Pack wheels, saving about 10lbs per wheel. A lot easier to keep clean because much less surface area. Plus, nobody can see your awesome Brembo brakes behind the PP wheels. Lots of good options down the road to upgrade the look of your rotors and calipers if you want.

Then you essentially have a cool GT-H, but with more horsepower and in your favorite color. Good luck with your decision.

You certainly can find other threads on Mustang and Shelby forums debating cost to build yourself vs. value of a Shelby.

-If you only care about the performance, then yah you could price out on Ford Performance web site a Borla exhaust, Power Pack 2 and lowering springs. Plus installation, you would have roughly the same performance for less. Either GTE or doing this yourself, you will notice the difference and have a lot of fun with it. Everyone who does a tune and aftermarket exhaust says this is what a Mustang GT should have been from the factory. Plus, people rave about the “no lift shift” feature for manuals with the Power Pack 2 that you should get either way.

-If you start adding all the other features like hood, grills, spoiler, stripes, unique rocker and deck lid panels and are paying someone to install them then the gap narrows considerably. Once you have a highly modified car it becomes more uncertain whether a buyer down the road will have same tastes as you and willing to pay for it, so holding value is likely better on a GTE.

I had the same dilemma as you with premium and performance packages. I just really wanted the spun aluminum instrument panel with gages. Yes, there is some waste in suspension package overlap and wheels.

If you order, I would...

-Swap the wheels before sending to Shelby. There is no rule against making a buck trading your wheels with another Mustang owner before shipping the car.

-Ask cost to upgrade to their Venom wheels. They are a significant upgrade over Performanc Pack wheels, saving about 10lbs per wheel. A lot easier to keep clean because much less surface area. Plus, nobody can see your awesome Brembo brakes behind the PP wheels. Lots of good options down the road to upgrade the look of your rotors and calipers if you want.

Then you essentially have a cool GT-H, but with more horsepower and in your favorite color. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for your post Confirmed some of the things I was thinking and more.