TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member....New 2014 Shelby GT350

After years of owning and enjoying Saleen Mustangs, just purchased a dreamcar!,,,. 2014 Shelby GT350. Although I like the 15-17 Gt350....I Love this car. I purchased one of those Ford buyback cars that was auctioned off to Ford dealers. Only 273 miles on the OD and basically brand new, I will post pics soon! Lots of great info on this site. Thanks !

Congrats I looked into a few of those. Many are 1 of 1 since production was so short. A few had heat damage due to being left out in the Vegas Sun for a long time period.

Very nice car for the money, post some pics and let us know what options it has when you get a chance.

Congrats Again!!!

post-48299-0-94644700-1509487097_thumb.jpg

Options added are:

watts link

upgrade cooling system

Wildwood rear brakes

525hp polished whipple SC

Interior upgrade package

Runs and drives like new.............to answer carnut the black paint between rear taillights clearcoat sun faded and the wheels seem to have water or sun spots (haven't tried to clean them up yet). Only thing I'm worried about is the tires (if the car sat a while without being moved)

post-48299-0-15966000-1509487242_thumb.jpg

Yeah, They made 13 sterling grey cars in 2014 but only one had azure blue stripes.......I have never seen this color combo on a mustang before.....and I like it also. Still a few left out there.....you should get one....similar car for sale

at Long McArther Ford in Kansas.

I was real close to doing so, but in the end I didnt feel it was an upgrade to my GT/SC and the delta wouldve been like $30K. For some reason I just cant get myself to sell my GT/SC, its the only car Ive had this long that I havent grown tired of.

That said I was real close and now that you mention it being 1 of 1 that is definitely the dealer I spoke to, I think they had 2 cars. They were really nice. Based on how long it sat on their lot Im assuming you stole that thing, good for you!!!

post-48299-0-22349600-1509546731_thumb.jpgYeah I think they had this car for 6 months and they were ready to move it! They took my 2005 Saleen 281 in on trade. The dealership was one of the best Ford dealers I've every dealt with. The Sales Mgr told me they bought 5 cars at the Ford auction.....3 Roush and 2 GT350s and this was the last car left. They told me a bunch of people tried to buy it but couldn't get financing / or insurance ect. It was a 1000 mile trip to Ohio and my Wife got a great

weekend in Niagara Falls as the fun part of the trip! I could of bought a 16-17 GT350, but I like this car much better.....its unique, I think it looks better, modified at SAI and in my opinion has better future upside over the 16-17. I plan to drive it and enjoy it.

Yeah, They made 13 sterling grey cars in 2014 but only one had azure blue stripes.......I have never seen this color combo on a mustang before.....and I like it also. Still a few left out there.....you should get one....similar car for sale

at Long McArther Ford in Kansas.

According to the Production Breakdown PDF there were 12 Sterling Grey cars, and yours is the only one with Azure stripes.

The downside of having one of these cars- you'll spend a lifetime explaining that there are in fact 2014 GT350's!

I've had it just over four years now. It's a great A to B car, but doesn't handle very well. From what I have heard, they have improved the suspension on the newer models though. It's a nice, comfortable cruiser that gets incredible mileage whether you plug it in or not. I bought it to go in the carpool lane here in CA. From that standpoint it has way more than paid for itself in time not spent in traffic. It saves me at least 40 minutes a day, as I pass thousands of cars.

Thanks for the input on the Energi. My wife drives a Chevy Volt but wants something thats a little larger. Problem is basically no inventory in my area. (cant find one to test drive)

Finally was able to take new GT350 on a Saturday drive: Got out of the driveway onto the main road.....turned on radio......the first song was "Turn me Loose" by Loverboy......made me Laugh!

The Borla mufflers/exhaust sound really good......steering tight and responsive......biggest change is going from 5 speed Saleen to the 6 speed (plenty of power in all gears) and the brakes on

this car are amazing. (has the rear Wilwood brake upgrade kit) Drove it about 30 miles and had a blast. Next time out Ill take it on interstate. I really like this car.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked @ one of those buy back cars. 624 hp white/blue stripes with 850 miles . Asking $56K as of 11/20/17. Dont have the room currently. I think the 525 hp car would be a better choice with the current drivetrain. Great car you bought for sure.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Congratulations, it looks great. I think its the same car that I almost bought and it was a great deal also but I started dealing with another one at dealer in North Carolina which was black and had Recaro, electronic package, glass roof etc. the dealer however was not very nice and listed the car as 624hp instead of 525hp that SA verified with me after I called. This one sold on the meantime and they also sold the other one in the midst of dealing because someone else paid more. Im currently looking at the one at McArthurs. They seem great cars. My last one was Boss 302 Laguna Seca

• 4 months later...

I bought the 2014 GT350 that Eagle is speaking of and thought it was a 624 HP until I recognized the dealership and my car specs from his post.  SA confirmed it is 525 HP but I love the car anyway.  I can't imagine the 624 could be faster!  The  saddest part is that they are practically giving these cars away.  The good news is that I got a great deal on it.  I will drive it and keep it clean and someday people will recognize the gems that these cars are.

Thanks for the shock tower information!  I have learned so much just from reading the forums.  I also learned that I should have kept the car in the garage for another month. A small patch of snow clipped my front splitter at 1 mph and cracked it :(

Just could’nt wait to drive it

20 hours ago, David Palaia said:

Thanks for the shock tower information!  I have learned so much just from reading the forums.  I also learned that I should have kept the car in the garage for another month. A small patch of snow clipped my front splitter at 1 mph and cracked it :(

Just could’nt wait to drive it

It can be fixed...I know! It's just fiberglass. When I chipped mine I had it removed, patched and covered in carbon fiber. At the same time I ordered a second splitter from SAI while they were still available and had it painted white so I could always put the car back to stock if I wanted to. That one is safely tucked away. The original splitter is riveted on so if you choose to repair it make sure to use screws to replace it (it may need to be R/R'd again!)

That is exactly what I did.  I ordered a stock OEM shelby part and I am going to try and have the original part repaired and keep the spare tucked away

i guess this car was one left in the Vegas sun so I ordered a new hood stripe also. I’m nervous about replacing it. 

Anyone have experience in that especially with regard to keeping original?

So I went back and downloaded the 2014 build sheet and there were 2 glass roof black cars made . Both had 525 hp superchargers one black and one polished.  Mine is the polished one and the one with red Shelby Wilwood  brakes.  I called shelby and they said the car has a 525hp supercharger.  Then I looked at the drivers side shock tower and the sticker is ford racing 624 hp!  6066 mgt 624

Now I am confused because  the car is absolutely real but there is a mistake somewhere in the record

Can anyone clear this up for me?

23 hours ago, David Palaia said:

So I went back and downloaded the 2014 build sheet and there were 2 glass roof black cars made . Both had 525 hp superchargers one black and one polished.  Mine is the polished one and the one with red Shelby Wilwood  brakes.  I called shelby and they said the car has a 525hp supercharger.  Then I looked at the drivers side shock tower and the sticker is ford racing 624 hp!  6066 mgt 624

Now I am confused because  the car is absolutely real but there is a mistake somewhere in the record

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Write Steve at stevent@shelby.com . Include your VIN and he should be able to verify what you want to know.

Here is the deal. Eagle- this will interest you!  This black glass roof Shelby gt350 car had a 525 hp supercharger installed at Shelby and someone had it changed to 624 by Manny at Gaudin Ford in Vegas so the dealer in NC was correct, the car is 624 hp!

Steve at Shelby has been very helpful and I am sure that I made a great choice in buying a Shelby car.  It has been a lifelong dream and it all started with driving my Mother’s 69 blue mustang GT.  I wish I still had that car and  I wish I could show a picture of my current ride but I can’t figure out how to upload with the proper format.  Does anyone think this provenance is a downer or all positive like me?

Since the authorized factory dealer that installed an optional factory upgrade, it should be as valid as if it were done at SA, I believe.  It is better if you have the paperwork about the installed 625 upgrade.  As mentioned, Steve should be able to substantiate this.